Passport etc

Desi_Madmax

Oath Date 01/31/2007
Passport Applied on 02/01/2007
Passport check cashed 02/27/2007
Passport web site Updated:???
Passport received:???

Do I need to do anything else besides applying for a passport?

Register to vote too...probably one of the most important things to do besides passport and ssn. :)

My Passport Timeline

Became a US citizen: 3/1/07 (see here for my full citizenship timeline)

Applied for Passport: 3/2/07, with expedited processing at King Country Courthouse, Redmond, WA

Check cashed: 3/9/07

Online status appeared: 3/9/07

Status changed to Passort "has been mailed to you": 3/10/07

Passport received: ?

My time line

Applied for U.S. passport in person at USPS in Washington, DC - Expedited Service requested: 2/12/07 (2 checks; one for $30 and one for $127)

Check for $30 cashed: 2/14/07

Check for $127 cashed: 3/6/07

Passport received by USPS Priority Mail: 3/12/07

Online status for my application did not appear until 3/10/07, at which time it stated as follows:

"Thank you for submitting your passport application!

Your passport application locator number is [ ].

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 03/12/2007.

Your Priority Mail delivery confirmation number is [ ]. *** Please note that the delivery confirmation number is not a tracking number. It is a number that will provide information as to whether or not an envelope has been delivered. You can click on the delivery confirmation number to check delivery status or call USPS at 1-800-222-1811."

Contrary to the above, you may then track and confirm your package from the USPS website, which will tell you when the package has been received by your local post office ("Arrival at Unit") and then when it has been "Delivered" to your address. In my case, there was a two day time lag.

The date of issue of my passport, as printed on the inside front cover, was 3/6/07.

Good luck to everyone!

My Timeline

Got my Passport yesterday, a few days sooner than I expected. It was in a stiff envelope, which the postman bent when trying to fit it into my mailbox. Not a problem, though; everything survived just fine. :cool:

It's one of the new e-Passports, with anti-fraud measures and an embedded chip.

Next I'll be sending in my Indian Passport for cancellation to the Consulate in SFO, followed by an application for a PIO card. That should all take about 2-3 weeks to get done.

So my timeline is as follows:

Applied for Passport: 3/2/07, with expedited processing at King Country Courthouse, Redmond, WA

Status changed to Passort "has been mailed to you by priority mail": 3/10/07

Passport received: 3/12/07

Last edited by a moderator:
Questions to everyone who has been Naturalized

I have a few questions all those who had been through the oath ceremony. I appreciate all answers. All my questions here refer to the oath ceremony. When you are called to oath ceremony, they ask you

AFTER your 1st interview for N400, if you have been charged with, or had traffic citations.

Question 1.
If you received several speeding tickets after your interview date, when you inform the officer at the oath ceremony, do they ask to see copies of speeding tickets and their dispositions or do they just take your word for it?

Question 2.
What would happen if someone gets a speeding ticket a few weeks before the oath ceremony and goes to court is put on deferred adjudication for 90 days. When the person informs the officers at the oath ceremony, can they still proceed with the oath even if the person is on deferred adjudication for 90 days?

Question 3.
At the oath ceremony, when you tell them how long you have been out of the country since your interview, do they require you to prove it in any way with stamps from your passport etc? If a person has been out of the country a few times for several months, and even once for 5.5 months, would they require to see proof of residency or proof of exit and entry?

Please use the correct forum

Man! Looks like You have posted these questions in every forum under the sun. See my reponse in the "Citizenship" forum where it belongs, and post judiciously please.

I have a few questions all those who had been through the oath ceremony. I appreciate all answers. All my questions here refer to the oath ceremony. When you are called to oath ceremony, they ask you

AFTER your 1st interview for N400, if you have been charged with, or had traffic citations.

Question 1.
If you received several speeding tickets after your interview date, when you inform the officer at the oath ceremony, do they ask to see copies of speeding tickets and their dispositions or do they just take your word for it?

Question 2.
What would happen if someone gets a speeding ticket a few weeks before the oath ceremony and goes to court is put on deferred adjudication for 90 days. When the person informs the officers at the oath ceremony, can they still proceed with the oath even if the person is on deferred adjudication for 90 days?

Question 3.
At the oath ceremony, when you tell them how long you have been out of the country since your interview, do they require you to prove it in any way with stamps from your passport etc? If a person has been out of the country a few times for several months, and even once for 5.5 months, would they require to see proof of residency or proof of exit and entry?

Regarding Quesiton 1, i had a traffic ticket and had my oath today. They asked to write down the bail amount. I think they just wanted to see if it was serious. i was prepared with all the evidence that i paid all my tickets. you should be.

Question 2: i would recommend to pay the ticket before the oath. if you can not (you want to fight it, etc..) then postpone your oath.

Q3: i had the same experience. Today they asked me to wite down the numbers of days i was out. no proof was asked. i had all my info (passport, ...) to be safe. do the same.

good luck

Got my Passport yesterday, a few days sooner than I expected. It was in a stiff envelope, which the postman bent when trying to fit it into my mailbox. Not a problem, though; everything survived just fine. :cool:

It's one of the new e-Passports, with anti-fraud measures and an embedded chip.

Next I'll be sending in my Indian Passport for cancellation to the Consulate in SFO, followed by an application for a PIO card. That should all take about 2-3 weeks to get done.

So my timeline is as follows:

Status changed to Passort "has been mailed to you by priority mail": 3/10/07

Passport received: 3/12/07

where do you check the passport status? link? thx

Visibility of information in US passport

Hi all,
I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this question. I just received my US passport and noticed that birth date, expiration date,etc.(except name) are not visible clearly. They have been partially overwrritten by some random numbers/letters in extremely small fonts. It looks like some computer generated thing.

Is anyone facing this kind of situation?

Please let me know. I want to make sure there is no misprint in my passport.

Thanks
patkt

On a normal passport, all the fonts are uniform and everything is clearly visible. Definitely no random numbers/letters. Seems to be a printing problem. Call the national passport center and ask them what to do. You'll most likely have to mail the passport back to them so that they can issue a new one.