Passport Card

Hi All,

Recently I applied for my U.S. Passport. I got it exactly in 7 days. They send me the Passport and Naturalization Certificate. But they did not send me the Passport Card, that I applied for along with Passport (checked the box in passport application and paid the fee). Any ideas? Are they going to send it separately.

Thanks,

They started producing the passport card on July 14th so you should be getting yours in the next few months. I applied in May for a passport card and haven't gotten mine yet as well.

LolaLi,
Incase if we move and there are address changes in the interim while waiting for passport card, do they have a form/procedure that you can communicate that to passport agency?

LolaLi,
Incase if we move and there are address changes in the interim while waiting for passport card, do they have a form/procedure that you can communicate that to passport agency?

I think you can call them directly via the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-4USA-PPT (1-877-487-2778) and an agent should be able to update your address after verifying you are the applicant. I know they wanted to make sure my address was correct when I called them, because I choose my PO Box as the mailing address. The lady indicated that I could change that if I wanted it to come directly to my home - which I didn't care at the time.

Yes, they just started production of the passport card a week ago. It will take them from now until September to clear up all the people who applied before production started. Hang in there. The Department of State usually works faster than USCIS.

A press release has just been issued and states as follows;

We began production of the U.S. Passport Card on July 14. To date, we have received and adjudicated well over 350,000 applications for the U.S. Passport Card. Customers who submitted an application for the U.S. Passport Card prior to production, will receive their Passport Card between now and early September.

So we should expect to recieve it in about 6 weeks or earlier.

I received mine on August 1st. It was issued on July 29.
My wife has not yet received hers.

We had applied for it earlier in the year, sometime around the 1st or 2nd week of March.

Great - thanks for posting obajaj. Looks like we should start seeing a trickle effect in passport card receipts.

I received mine on August 1st. It was issued on July 29.
My wife has not yet received hers.

We had applied for it earlier in the year, sometime around the 1st or 2nd week of March.

when did you apply for your passport + card?
Thanks

My son received his passport card yesterday. His passport book was received June 19th. Applied for both June 10th.
I think that since a passport card is now available, a certificate of citizenship (costing $600) is no longer required for children deriving citizenship from naturalized parents since both PP card and book are proofs of citizenship and one can be used to apply for the other.

What is this passport card? What is the use?

:eek:Wow, After reading the epic "Odyssey" whole, you ask who's "Penelope".

Just kidding....:D

US Passport Card.

.....The Department of State is issuing this passport card in response to the needs of border resident communities for a less expensive and more portable alternative to the traditional passport book.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Passport Card Received

My wife received her passport card yesterday. We applied for her passport and passport card on 06/24.

My wife received her passport card today.

My wife received har card today. We had applied for the passport and card in the 1st or 2nd week of March this year.

I have still not yet received my passport card.... despite having applied on the 11th of June. I just tried to check the status of my application on the Department Of State website, the result was that my application was not found. The site also states that applications prior to July 15th wiil be delivered by mid September. Looks like [I'll have to wait a couple of more weeks or should I enquire?