Passport application made directly at Passport Agency

nkm-oct23

Registered Users (C)
Can someone post experiences in getting a expedited passport by visiting a passport agency? What documentation was required to prove urgency?

I don't have experience, you can actually get more answers in the citizenship thread. What I have read is that the basic is to have some air travel ticket or some sort of firm itinerary. My take is, don't try to lie and get a passport at a passport agency, if you have a legitimate need I am sure that will be backed up by an airline ticket, so just take that with you. Otherwise regular passport processing is quite fast nowadays.

Can someone post experiences in getting a expedited passport by visiting a passport agency? What documentation was required to prove urgency?

Hello: I just got mine on Monday that way.
You will be asked for an airline reservation within 14 days of the appointment. That is, you will have to call and get an appointment and then show to them that you are traveling (or need to apply for a visa), within 14 days of the appointment.

Once there you will need:
-the application form. You can complete it online and then print it out.
-2 pictures.
-the certificate you got when naturalized.
-$160 (I paid by credit card).
-the airline reservation.

You can check in the State Department website, where you can complete the application online. The list of documents is there.

dieguito,

How long did it take for you to get the passport after you applied? Which agency did you apply at?

I went to the office in NYC, at Hudson street in the West Village or so.
I had an appointment at 9:00 am but was there at about 8:45 am. After a woman checked my plane reservations (has to be within 14 days), she gave me a number and sent me upstairs. There, I finished with everything by 9:30 am or so and got the passport at 12:00 pm.