Passed FPGEE, now what?

dafortycal

Registered Users (C)
My Wife is Russian, I don't know if her degree is a 4 or 5 year one, but she just passed fpgee test with a score of 88 (75 was passing) her first time taking it. I think it was the FPGEE test, took something like 6 hours and cost me $700-800.
We have all her documents translated into English, and sent off for evaluation. Everything was fine with her documents.

She has never attended any Pharmacy training in the USA other than attending some 4 day workship given by a Pharmacy School near Chicago.

Assuming that she can pass the English examination, does that mean she can get her Pharmacy license and start making some money.

Thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the board of pharmacy website for your state and find out what the registration requirements are.

Assuming that she can pass the English examination, does that mean she can get her Pharmacy license and start making some money.

Thanks..

for some reason your last sentence made me chuckle for a bit. yes, she needs to pass english exam first before she can get a license (intern license). just like the previous post, you need to check the requirements of Boards of Pharmacy in your State. Usually what the state require is to submit FPGEC certificate, English exam (it may be electronic, i think) then State issues an Intern License, then she can apply and start making money.

Once she finishes the required hours for internship, it varies from state to state, it is 1,500 hrs here in CA, she then submits a completion of hours & application to take the state board and national board exams. those are 2 different exams, after she passes that then she can start earning the big bucks. good luck! and dont forget to check your states requirements!