Part 11--signature

NEWFILER

Registered Users (C)
Please bear with the Q as precisely it is not clear what they want.
N400-instructions mentions under part 11--signature:
'You should sign with your full name with out abbreviating it or using initials'.
(I understand it is not the signature I do on checks but-)
Means--
1)Can we write in capitol letters first-middle-last name
with breaksor with out(continuosly)
Or
2)We need to write in small letters first-middle-last name with out breaks?
What exactly they want ?.

Full signed signature. If you normally sign as M.P. Singh, they expect you to sign your full name without abbreviations (ex:Mohammed Pragati Singh)

Full signed signature. If you normally sign as M.P. Singh, they expect you to sign your full name without abbreviations (ex:Mohammed Pragati Singh)

Thanks Bob.My Q is there can be breaks or it should be continuous similar to we sign check with out breaks.Please.

Thanks Bob.My Q is there can be breaks or it should be continuous similar to we sign check with out breaks.Please.

They also required signature be clearly readable. If they
enforce that requirement, you may not use yoru signature style
you use for other purposes

I signed my application with abberviations and did not have any problem. It should match with you GC.

In the end, how you sign signature (whether full name or with initials) is not something that affects your eligibility for naturalization. Use common sense.

I think it means that you should write your name in Firstname Middlename Lastname format in cursive letters keeping the first letters in each name in uppercase and the rest in lowercase. That's my interpretation and that's what I did.

I think it means that you should write your name in Firstname Middlename Lastname format in cursive letters keeping the first letters in each name in uppercase and the rest in lowercase. That's my interpretation and that's what I did.
Yes,this is what exactly I have done just to meet the 'requirement' specified
but which I normally never do as signature in other normal daily routine situations.
The daily signature is --how you wanted to sign and how you sign and it shall bear your 'sig-nature' and which will be to your natural nature.
And just to add from an Online dictionary definition:
'Signature 2
Definition: Especially, the name of any person, written with his own hand, employed to signify that the writing which precedes accords with his wishes or intentions; a sign manual; an autograph'

Last edited by a moderator: