Parents with green card been outside US for more than one year due to covid , re-entry ?

feibax

1. parents got green card and came in Nov 2019 , stayed almost three months , left in Jan 2020 to India , with the intent to return in couple of months, thats why did not apply for re-entry permit.
2.Covid hit, both in 75-80 range one with triple bypass, did not risk coming back , when India better, US bad and now when US better , India bad, so now ( hopefully) once India better , will attempt to return to US.
3.i file their taxes regularly here, whats the most likely scenario ? at the portal of entry, will they be let in with warning ? should i pre-emptively do something, file SB-1 , they say the approval chance is very low ? , best chance is to just try entrying back , would hiring an immigration lawyer be helpful, if so how ?

Can you share your experience, I’m in the same boat, parents got stuck in India due to Covid, couldn’t risk travel back due to health reasons, can they come back now? Would they have problems on entering US?