Parents visitor visa complications

deblinbagchi

Hello there,

Wish you a very happy new year 2023 !

I was wondering if you can provide me with some tips as to what I can do in the following scenario.

I came to the USA as a student in the year 2013 for my masters. Right now, I am a professional with an H1B visa. My parents had applied for b2 visas in 2014 and had visited me a number of times afterwards, i.e. 2014, 2016 and 2022. The length of their trips were always short, 1-2 months or so…well within the i-94 period.

However, in the year 2016, my uncle who is a US citizen had applied for i-130 (sibling green card) for my dad. Obviously, it is a long wait for that green card and there is really no way of knowing if my parents are ever going to get a green card that way.

Now, the problem is this: Earlier my parents had received a 10 year multiple entry visa so the time to renew the visa is coming soon…My question is: Will there be a problem with my parents visa renewal because of the i-130 petition that has been applied for them ? What are my options in this case ? Should I ask my uncle to withdraw the i-130 petition ?

Please let me know if you have any tips for this situation ! I would like my parents to visit me here for as long as they can.

If your parents do not intend to stay in US permanently after I-130 approval thru his sibling then you can have I-130 withdrawn from your uncle. Alternatively you can try for new B1/B2 for your parent clearly indicating I-130 have been filed on their behalf on DS-160

I am hoping their B2 visa is still valid and they can come to US until its validity.