parents, sis and her 9yr old applying for B visa

kusum.suman

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My parents, sister (divorced) with 9 year old daughter are applying for visitor visa next week. They are planning to visit for a month during summer vacation of my neice. I am sponsoring them. In addition to my documents, they have

-- Property papers
---CA report showing the worth
---bank statements and other financial docs
---sister's job letter, pay stubs and vacation letter
---her daughter's school fees (paid for a year), school NOC
-- sister's divorce certificate showing child custody
---Dad's tax returns
---mom is house wife

Want to know if they need additional docs and what questions they should be preparing.

B visa don't have sponsors. B visa applicants must apply on their own. Your interference MAY cause them problems by appearing that you want to get them here for the purpose of overstaying. A simple invitation and perhaps an offer to let them stay with you is quite enough. You might write about the things you plan to do together during your visit...Where do you live? What is there to do there? Are you near anything interesting? Disney-Land/World? The Statue of Liberty, Broadway. Time Square? The Grand Canyon? Fisherman's wharf, Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz? The Washington Monument and White House?

Your sister and her daughter should apply together but with no connection to her (AND your) PARENTS. She has a job waiting and her daughter is expecting to return for the next school year. They have a better shot at B visas. She should obtain her ex-husband's written consent for their daughter to travel abroad.

Mom, as homemaker, is dependent on her husband. Is he working or retired? Does he run his own business or practice a profession? Are YOU a USC or soon to become naturalized? If you are or will soon be in a position to petition for your parents and they show weak ties and little reason to return home, they would likely be denied as intending immigrants.

Your sister could be petitioned by you (if you are a USC) but could not adjust status as the visa would not be available for 10 to 25 years depending on where she was born. She is less likely to try to overstay a B visa. (Who would want to live an underground existence for 10 to 25 years and have nothing to show for it? It is pointless, therefore, she is more credible for a B visa for an actual "tourist" visit.)

Thanks for replying. They are applying for B2 (tourist visa)...By sponsorship I meant filling I-134 (affidavit of support) and showing my finances to support their stay. They are also showing all their docs to show their ties.

My mother is housewife and father is retired. I am a conditional GC holder.

Thanks for replying. They are applying for B2 (tourist visa)...By sponsorship I meant filling I-134 (affidavit of support) and showing my finances to support their stay. They are also showing all their docs to show their ties.

My mother is housewife and father is retired. I am a conditional GC holder.

Even an I-134 may not be desireable unless is it unavoidable. ONE of the main factors considered for a B visa is financial ability.

Did you know that the "non-immigrant visa classifictaions" are actually drawn from the INA definition of the word "immigrant"? An "immigrant" is EVERY ALIEN EXCEPT one of these "non-immigrant" EXCEPTIONS to the definition of "immigrant".

INA 101(a)
(15) The term "immigrant" means every alien except an alien who is within one of the following classes of nonimmigrant aliens

(B) an alien (other than one coming for the purpose of study or of performing skilled or unskilled labor or as a representative of foreign press, radio, film, or other foreign information media coming to engage in such vocation) having a residence in a foreign country which he has no intention of abandoning and who is visiting the United States temporarily for business or temporarily for pleasure;

INA 214 Admission of Non-Immigrants.

(b) Every alien (other than a nonimmigrant described in subparagraph (L) or (V) of section 101(a)(15), and other than a nonimmigrant described in any provision of section 101(a)(15)(H)(i) except subclause (b1) of such section) shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for a visa, and the immigration officers, at the time of application for admission, that he is entitled to a nonimmigrant status under section 101(a)(15) . An alien who is an officer or employee of any foreign government or of any international organization entitled to enjoy privileges, exemptions, and immunities under the International Organizations Immunities Act [22 U.S.C. 288, note], or an alien who is the attendant, servant, employee, or member of the immediate family of any such alien shall not be entitled to apply for or receive an immigrant visa, or to enter the United States as an immigrant unless he executes a written waiver in the same form and substance as is prescribed by section 247(b) .

Step 1 is getting the visa from the Consular Officer and step 2 is getting allowed into the country by a CBP Inspector. Just a hint, "Tourists" usually do not take their resumes and college transcripts on vacation. There was a thread not too long ago about a woman who was a naturalized UK citizen (originally from an former Soviet republic) who was turned away from a Visa Waiver admission because she was going on "vacation" and had her curriculum vitae in her luggage.

They might be asked why they cannot financially support this trip on their own. I-134 should be avoided. It makes the B-2 applicant look more likely to stay behind as his/her source on income is the US!!!

By sponsorship I meant filling I-134 (affidavit of support) and showing my finances to support their stay.

Thanks for the feedback. My sis, niece and parents all got 10 yr multiple entry visa. The visa officer did not even see a single document !

Hello
i think so your documents are not complete and some are missing and if u r apply it then please follow the rules of airport office Thanks

stayresaustralia.com