parents name in passport

tmmet

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
can someone give me some suggestion for my below problem.

i have indian passport that i got from Shastri bhavan,Chennai.
In the passport, I have both my father's and mother's name written as last name followed by first name.
i didn't run into any problems becox of this for the past 10 years.

since, my passport will expire soon, I renewed by passport in chicago,indian consulate.

they have written my father's name as last name followed by first name and my mother's name as first name followed by last name.
when i asked them to change my father's name, they mentioned they cannot do that and i have change my father's name in indian consulate in chennai.

does anyone know what form i have to fill out .any suggestions would be greatly helpful for me.

thanks in advance,

can you elaborate about your exp with chicago consulate of India regarding renewing your pp (such as the time involved, etc.)
tmmet said:
Hi,
can someone give me some suggestion for my below problem.

i have indian passport that i got from Shastri bhavan,Chennai.
In the passport, I have both my father's and mother's name written as last name followed by first name.
i didn't run into any problems becox of this for the past 10 years.

since, my passport will expire soon, I renewed by passport in chicago,indian consulate.

they have written my father's name as last name followed by first name and my mother's name as first name followed by last name.
when i asked them to change my father's name, they mentioned they cannot do that and i have change my father's name in indian consulate in chennai.

does anyone know what form i have to fill out .any suggestions would be greatly helpful for me.

thanks in advance,

yes,sure.
It like 15 days to get the new passport after submission of all documents ,form and original passport.
hope this helps.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. A few more questions:
- did you visit in-person or by mail?
- did they return the old pp?

tmmet said:
yes,sure.
It like 15 days to get the new passport after submission of all documents ,form and original passport.
hope this helps.