Parents AP Approved / 485 Pending / Travel

Arp1882

Hello,

My parents are in US and their filing date for I-485, AP, EAD, I-130 is Jan 4, 2022. They recently got their AP approved and are awaiting their cards.They already got EAD cards last year and we are now awaiting I-130 and I-485 approvals for them. They are planning to travel to India using AP for medical checkups in the next 2-3 weeks. My question(s) is:

- What will happen if they travel on AP and are in India and meanwhile their I-130 and I-485 gets approved or closer to approval and they get interview request? Will they have enough time to come back to US using AP for the GC interview?

- What happens if their I-130 and I-485 gets approved with no interview (I have seen some cases with no interview) and their GC comes in mail in US and they are in India. Will they need to enter US back on AP or will I need to courier mail them their GC cards so they enter back on that.

Thank you.

- What will happen if they travel on AP and are in India and meanwhile their I-130 and I-485 gets approved or closer to approval and they get interview request? Will they have enough time to come back to US using AP for the GC interview?
I am not sure about the timing. They might have to reschedule their interview if they are not able to come back in time.
- What happens if their I-130 and I-485 gets approved with no interview (I have seen some cases with no interview) and their GC comes in mail in US and they are in India. Will they need to enter US back on AP or will I need to courier mail them their GC cards so they enter back on that.
They can board the flight with their AP, and be admitted as permanent residents when they get to the US port of entry.

I am not sure about the timing. They might have to reschedule their interview if they are not able to come back in time.

They can board the flight with their AP, and be admitted as permanent residents when they get to the US port of entry.
Thank you. In case they travel back to US on AP and enter port of entry on AP (since they wont have physical GC with them), how will we ensure that their stay in US is being counted as against GC duration (once it's approved or if already approved while they were abroad.)

If the green card approves while you were out you will be allowed entry on AP. Down the road when you file N-400 part 2 Q.9 you will write date you became lawful permanent resident as date mentioned on green card and under part 9 time spent outside US left/from date as date you became lawful permanent resident and returned/entered date as date you came back to US.