Parent B visa rejection, Pregnancy mentioned

guest1978

Registered Users (C)
My parents went for a visa interview at the Delhi Consulate. They were asked routine questions like what do you do now, what is your salary etc. the consular also asked my immigration status (GC holder). anyways, the consular eventually asked what is the purpose of the visit, and my parents said to help daughter in law with preganancy. Clearly, I know now after the fact that it's not a good idea to say that, but it just seems so ridiculous that parents would be denied a visa.

Now, I am trying to see how to proceed with re-application. Anyone have ideas about this. I have seen posts where people have taken letter from Senators (not sure how this would be perceived by the Consular, they could say "let me do my job"). Anyone ever send a letter directly to the Consular with supporting documentation after a rejection to make their case? I am going to ask my parents to travel out of the country to a nearby destination like Singapore since that might help. any other ideas/suggestions? would appreciate it.

My parents went for a visa interview at the Delhi Consulate. They were asked routine questions like what do you do now, what is your salary etc. the consular also asked my immigration status (GC holder). anyways, the consular eventually asked what is the purpose of the visit, and my parents said to help daughter in law with preganancy. Clearly, I know now after the fact that it's not a good idea to say that, but it just seems so ridiculous that parents would be denied a visa.

Now, I am trying to see how to proceed with re-application. Anyone have ideas about this. I have seen posts where people have taken letter from Senators (not sure how this would be perceived by the Consular, they could say "let me do my job"). Anyone ever send a letter directly to the Consular with supporting documentation after a rejection to make their case? I am going to ask my parents to travel out of the country to a nearby destination like Singapore since that might help. any other ideas/suggestions? would appreciate it.

It appears that they seek to enter the U.S. to perform unpaid labor in the realms of in-home healthcare (childcare if you have other kids already) and probably domestic help.

Work of any kind (even this kind) is NOT ALLOWED for a tourist visa. It's statutory, not discretionary, so, it makes no difference who you contact because it will not make any difference to eligibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does that seem ridiculous?

it just seems so ridiculous that parents would be denied a visa.

I have yet to see a single case where a US based politician has influenced a consul. Consuls work for the State Department and really do not care about sitting senators and house representatives. Are you intending to send them to Singapore to build their "foreign travel history"? Keep in mind, that too does not help most of the time. The consul is more worried about you living in the US on GC. Your parents returning in a timely fashion from a visit to Singapore will not dilute the fear of them overstaying in the US to be with their son. Best of luck to them.

Anyone ever send a letter directly to the Consular with supporting documentation after a rejection to make their case? I am going to ask my parents to travel out of the country to a nearby destination like Singapore since that might help.

appreciate the feedback.

At the risk of starting a political debate, not a whole lot of people would want to immigrate to the US knowing that in addition to the lesser opportunities, they would be cut off from the families. Not to say, people won't want to come over, it's just a different section of society who would want to immigrate here. and that's why it seems ridiculous. look at the trends of students wanting to come here etc..

I guess from the standpoint of traveling somewhere else - it's just a shot in the dark, and at the very least it seems it won't cause any issues, and it might help marginally.

anyways, looking for ideas which might help marginally. there are no sure shots here, and i get that.