Parameters for I-485 Approval

gc_

Registered Users (C)
Hello All

Can any one tell what are the parameters for the I-485 Approval. Can you please think of anything other than these. Also can you rank the below among the priorities. Also mention if any of the parameters have no impact on the I-485 approval.

1) EB1/EB2/EB3 Category
2) Country of Citizenship of the Alien
3) Notice Date
4) Receipt Date
5) Priority Date
6) Finger Print Date

Thanks a bunch for the time

No Title

Who knows?

Of course for the approval you need to have your finger prints done. In some parts of CA you can do your FP before the scheduled time and this may shorten the wait.

INS seesm to process various types of files in batches based on the ND/RD. They will process in one such category for a while then move to a different one. There doesn\'t seem to be any logic on the moves, probably political pressure accounts for some of them.

If your file is transferred to the local office then the transfer date becomes the most important.

My personal feeling is that if you can hold on to the job long enough you will get the GC at some point. There is no truly reliable way of predicting when then next step will be, however if you exchange information with other people (for example on this board) you will be aware of the various batches that are being processed throughout the year.

Good luck!

We are lucky since we got so many nice people here helping each other

And ProActive is one of them. Their patience is really touching.