Packet 3 awaiting thread

Yes, you will have to wait till PD for EB1 category touches your Priority Date. The silver lining is you are not very far from cut-off date in your category. But, how long does that take for the PD to traverse from Aug-2 to Feb-03, it is anyone's guess.

And, I agree with rrajendr, that things may improve a little bit for you in Q-2 of 2006.

Msg from "WOODDR" in EB1 Category thread.

Magic email for our I-485s

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am very happy to report that I just (9:17PM tonight) received the magic emails saying our I-485s (for myself and my wife) have been approved today!!!

Profile:
June 2004 submitted I-140/I-485 EB1-b Nebraska Ctr (working for a chemical company R&D)
I-140 Approved in July 2005 after RFE (for permanent position and 3 yr research experience)
I-485 Approved on September 19, 2005, No RFE (one day after Chinese mid-Autumn)

My I-485 has no LUD since it was received last year.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERY ONE!!!! Hang in there and good news will come soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then how it worked for him even his PD :June 2004?
Has CP has different effect then AOS?

Just for discussion & for getting more information I am continuing by opening this.
Thanks all.

sarawgt1 said:
Thanks for your previous replies. I have another question, as I wait to hear of the interview date.

I found out that my case has been forwarded to the Mumbai consulate on August 17. Is checking the monthly interview schedule on the consulate website the only way to know of the interview date? When does the consulate send a personal notification? Any sort of timeframe indication would be very helpful.

At what point can you call or email the embassy to ask?

Hey:
The best way to find the interview date is to check the monthly interview listings, which come out around the middle of the month (Mumbai, in the recent past, has been the first of the Indian ones to post).

The only perosnal notification one gets is the P4 in the mail -- if this is mailed to a US address, it can take forever, and may not arrive before you have to leave to go to India for the interview. The best alternate to the website is to contact the consulate directly -- normally, I'd say, 2-3 weeks after the P3 has been forwarded. They'll respond to emails quite readily.

However, if you are affected by retrogression, then you'll have to watch and wait ... :-(. In EB1, there may be movement soon for India. Who knows about the rest.

Best wishes,

hi all:

one more question! i received an email from mumbai consulate just last night informing me that my interview date has been scheduled for october 25, 2005.

just when i was rejoicing, i found out from my attorney that although the consulate may have called for an interview, the date is after october 1, 2005. so i will NOT get an approval till my priority date becomes current (december 2002, eb2) and will have to come back on H1!! and will later have to travel back to get the approval when the priority date is current.

i would like to get some thoughts and suggestions on this. thanks.

Successful interview @ chennai and SFO POE smooth

rkrishna22 said:
Hi All,

I finally got my interview @ chennai scheduled on 13th April, 2006.

Hi All,

I had a successful interview @ Chennai on 13th April, 2006 and got the passports back @ my address in India on 18th April and breezed through Port of Entry @ SFO on 19th April without any issue.

I will post detailed experience in a while. But, my thanks to this forum and everyone that contributes to this forum. This forum has been great in my understanding of the whole process and to expect what comes next.

Thanks!!

rkrishna22 said:
Hi All,

I had a successful interview @ Chennai on 13th April, 2006 and got the passports back @ my address in India on 18th April and breezed through Port of Entry @ SFO on 19th April without any issue.

I will post detailed experience in a while. But, my thanks to this forum and everyone that contributes to this forum. This forum has been great in my understanding of the whole process and to expect what comes next.

Thanks!!
HI Rkrishna,
Congratulations for the successful journey of GC
I will appreciate if u can help.I have few doubts. NVC has received my fee bill and I hope they will issue the Pkt 3 soon. Can I complete the DS 230-1 for me and my wife (downloaded forms) and complete and sent it to Lawyer.Does my lawyer has to copy the whole things again or he can just send my completed forms? Do I have to include the affidavit of support for my wife along with the packet 3. If yes can you please tell me which form it will be? Also if the passport was renewed last year do we have to include the copies of old passports also.
Thanks in advance.

My deatils
EB2
PD april 18,2004
Case created April 2, 2006
fee bill received by NVC April 27th 2006

Ds-230

sudmoni said:
HI Rkrishna,
Congratulations for the successful journey of GC
I will appreciate if u can help.I have few doubts. NVC has received my fee bill and I hope they will issue the Pkt 3 soon. Can I complete the DS 230-1 for me and my wife (downloaded forms) and complete and sent it to Lawyer.Does my lawyer has to copy the whole things again or he can just send my completed forms? Do I have to include the affidavit of support for my wife along with the packet 3. If yes can you please tell me which form it will be? Also if the passport was renewed last year do we have to include the copies of old passports also.
Thanks in advance.

My deatils
EB2
PD april 18,2004
Case created April 2, 2006
fee bill received by NVC April 27th 2006

Hi,

Thanks!! You can download DS-230 Part-I, complete the details and keep it ready. You attorney would actually send you DS-230 partially filled-up with whatever info they have. You would check the Attorney's forms with your (kept ready) and send the attorney's back with all the info. Attorneys would create a fair copy and send one copy for your records. You can keep DS-230 Part-II also ready for your filing at the consulate. Part-II is not ready for NVC records. Also, affidavit of support is not needed for NVC. You can keep it ready though, without notarizing. When you are ready to go for interview, you can date it and get it notarized. Hope this helps.

Best of luck!!

Got our cards

rkrishna22 said:
Hi,

Thanks!! You can download DS-230 Part-I, complete the details and keep it ready. You attorney would actually send you DS-230 partially filled-up with whatever info they have. You would check the Attorney's forms with your (kept ready) and send the attorney's back with all the info. Attorneys would create a fair copy and send one copy for your records. You can keep DS-230 Part-II also ready for your filing at the consulate. Part-II is not ready for NVC records. Also, affidavit of support is not needed for NVC. You can keep it ready though, without notarizing. When you are ready to go for interview, you can date it and get it notarized. Hope this helps.

Best of luck!!

We finally got our cards today. Now, only social security cards to arrive. I got I-797C action notices 2 for each member of our family on 6th with a date of 4th May. And, there were updates in BCIS web site on 9th saying that the cases have been approved. On 12th I receive the cards.