Packet 3 awaiting thread

I am also waiting for my fee bill

rkrishna22

I am also waiting for my fee bill, recorded message says, Fee bill was generated on 18th April, 2005

I140 approved March 8th, 2005.

rkrishna22, please update this thread, when you get your fee bill, I will do the same.

topew said:
GC Waiting,

What does the message on the NVC automated telephone say now about your case? What did it say after St. Louis notify NVC?

Does the P3 instructions indicate the date your P3 was created?

Are the P3 printed back to back or on separate sheet of papers?

It now says something like "we are waiting for lawyer to send back the biographic form (which is DS-230). And before, it said something like "Fee was received in St Louis, and your case was forwarded to NVC, NVC will send you further instructions within 6-8 weeks".

There is a date (April 17, 2005) on the cover letter of my P3, so I think that's the date my P3 was created.

Yes, basically everything is printed on back to back, including the DS-230 forms.

Hope I helped.

Fee Bill Generated on: 2/28/05
Fee sent off on: 3/11/05
Received P3 from NVC: 4/25/05

topew said:
Peter,

Are the DS230 forms printed back to back or on separate papers? Are your case number written or typed on each page of the DS230 forms?

The form which the attorney sent me was printed back to back with my case no. typed at the top and other pertinent details typed with the info on the draft copy of the DS 230 i gave my attorney.
Thankfully, i sent my P3 to my attorney today and hopefully, i'll have an interview date sometime in june or more likely july.

Just FYI for everyone,

My details below. My p3 was created on April 10. My attorney faxed me a draft DS230-I to fill out today, and I presume she'll send me a final version to sign. I too an anticipating an July interview. Things are moving along.

Best wishes to all.

GS28 said:
Just FYI for everyone,

My details below. My p3 was created on April 10. My attorney faxed me a draft DS230-I to fill out today, and I presume she'll send me a final version to sign. I too an anticipating an July interview. Things are moving along.

Best wishes to all.

Just wondering if it is possible to request a specific interview date in a certain week, a few weeks after the P3 has reached the consulate?

Mine is EB2 NIW case for which I have retained an attorney.

I have already filled out the DS-230 forms downloaded from the net and hence the drafts are ready.

When the attorney receives the Packet 3, would the attorney fill out those forms and mail to me for my signature? Or would I have to fill in the DS-230 forms myself?

What is the normal procedure?

EasyGC said:
Mine is EB2 NIW case for which I have retained an attorney.

I have already filled out the DS-230 forms downloaded from the net and hence the drafts are ready.

When the attorney receives the Packet 3, would the attorney fill out those forms and mail to me for my signature? Or would I have to fill in the DS-230 forms myself?

What is the normal procedure?

In my case, I sent the draft of the application to my attorney and he filled out the application and mailed it to me to have them signed.

peter_guest5450 said:
In my case, I sent the draft of the application to my attorney and he filled out the application and mailed it to me to have them signed.

Did your attorney type in the info or fill by hand?

peter_guest: I am not really sure about contacting the consulate for a specific date. I've heard of people contacting the consulate to change a scheduled date, because of a family emergency, or something like that. But requesting a specific date, I somehow doubt it.

As far as the forms go: hmm, I wish I'd have thought about sending a sample DS230 to my attorney. The forms arrived at her office April 18, and she only faxed them to me yesterday! Now, she'll send me a final version to sign before mailing it. An unnecessary 10-12 day delay. Oh well.

As to what happens after the P3 goes back to the NVC -- I need to do some research on here, and start making sure I have all my documents lined up. :)

The big question is now travel: presumably, one will get a 3 week notice or so (or less!) for the interview. How difficult is it to get tickets at such notice, (for those who cannot afford Business Class)? Any strategies (such as booking a variety of dates or something of the sort ... )?

Best to all.

GS28 said:
peter_guest: I am not really sure about contacting the consulate for a specific date. I've heard of people contacting the consulate to change a scheduled date, because of a family emergency, or something like that. But requesting a specific date, I somehow doubt it.

As far as the forms go: hmm, I wish I'd have thought about sending a sample DS230 to my attorney. The forms arrived at her office April 18, and she only faxed them to me yesterday! Now, she'll send me a final version to sign before mailing it. An unnecessary 10-12 day delay. Oh well.

As to what happens after the P3 goes back to the NVC -- I need to do some research on here, and start making sure I have all my documents lined up. :)

The big question is now travel: presumably, one will get a 3 week notice or so (or less!) for the interview. How difficult is it to get tickets at such notice, (for those who cannot afford Business Class)? Any strategies (such as booking a variety of dates or something of the sort ... )?

Best to all.

Yeah, still some time left before bracing for the big day. Think it will all be fine. Well, as far as travel is concerned, i'm still groping in the dark as to what to do cos I do not have vacation in june or july and have to ask my buddies to cover me for a couple of weeks. As far as booking flight tickets, I have the same thoughts: i guess i'll call a travel agency in chicago or something and find out if one can book tickets provisionally on a certain date. But again, we have to deal with availability of tickets, change of dates, cancellation fee, refunds etc. I dont know if june/july is the peak travel season to india. Anyways, folks, do post your thoughts on this. It seems like this is a perfect country, but there's really a lot to be known when it comes to knowing the nitty gritty of things. :)

Can someone tell what needs to be done after receiving P3? Do we need to send the following certified copies to the atty:

1. DS-230 I/II
2. Biographic pages of PP for self and spouse )and US citizen child
3. Birth Certificates
4. Marriage Certificate

From this forum, I gather that the only forms needed are the DS-230 and the biographic pages of the PP.

Please let me know and thanks for all your replies

tarantula said:
Can someone tell what needs to be done after receiving P3? Do we need to send the following certified copies to the atty:

1. DS-230 I/II
2. Biographic pages of PP for self and spouse )and US citizen child
3. Birth Certificates
4. Marriage Certificate

From this forum, I gather that the only forms needed are the DS-230 and the biographic pages of the PP.

Please let me know and thanks for all your replies

1. Just send the completed and signed DS 230 part I to the attorney. DS 230 part 2 will be sent with packet 4.
2. Yes, you have to send biographic pages of your PP and for each family member along with affidavit of support to the attorney.
3. you need not send birth certificates to the attorney or NVC.
4. No need to send to attorney but you will need docs mentioned in #3 and #4 at the time of interview at the consulate.
Hope this helps.

P3 sent to NVC 4/27/05
Eagerly awaiting interview!

Thanks

Peter_guest,
Thanks a bunch for your reply. I will do as you suggested. I forgot to ask about the Police certificates. Are they required when we send the P3 back or do we take them to the consulate at the time of the interview?

tarantula said:
Peter_guest,
Thanks a bunch for your reply. I will do as you suggested. I forgot to ask about the Police certificates. Are they required when we send the P3 back or do we take them to the consulate at the time of the interview?

At the time of interview.

GS28
Peter,

Was DS2001 sent with your DS230 forms? Or is it just the bar code? Did you have to fill and sign the DS2001?

topew said:
GS28
Peter,

Was DS2001 sent with your DS230 forms? Or is it just the bar code? Did you have to fill and sign the DS2001?

My attrney sent the DS 230 and notice of appearance (blue sheet) which i had to sign. DS 2001 is basically an instruction package which can be downloaded on the NVC website but what the attorney sent me was the same as that available on the NVC website (travel.state.gov/nvc) i think. Yeah, the attorney sent me a copy of the bar coded sheet which essentially has a bar code, case no. and EB category listed, copy of cover letter to NVC and a copy of the DS 230 part 1. Of course, he sent all the originals to the NVC, including the biographic pages of the passport. No, I did not have to fill and sign the Ds 2001.

It took 18days to get fee bill from NVC to Attorney

rkrishna22

It took 18days to get fee bill from NVC to Attorney. I hope you too get your fee bill soon.