out of country so postal forward to a friend address

naina123

Registered Users (C)
I am waiting the results of my interview. In the meanwhile I had to travel out of the country and done a mail forward to a friend address from my original address via USPS.

Does this reflect as change of address and will this impact the results of my interview? Do I revert back my mail forwarding?

based on what i have heard, USCIS notice cannot be forwarded. so most likely it will be returned to USCIS as "undeliverable".

my guess is that you will need to do both the change of address at USPS, and inform USCIS on this.

btw how was your interview? hope that went well.

based on what i have heard, USCIS notice cannot be forwarded. so most likely it will be returned to USCIS as "undeliverable".

I believe that is correct. As I remember, most of USCIS mail, including oath letters, are stamped "Return service requested". According to USPS rules, this means that such a letter may not be forwarded and must be returned to sender.

Better option is to request your friend or neighbor to clear your mailbox everyday and inform you in case of a mail from USCIS.