Our Passport Stamping Experience in Tampa

angiodan

Registered Users (C)
Well, my wife and I decided to finally go for stamping. We were approved on 01/29/04, but were hoping that our daughters approval would come in, so we didn't have to make two trips. After waiting almost 4 months, we realized who knows when she will be approved.

Made an appointment with the Infopass online. I highly suggest that you do this with any of the offices that have this. (Currently, only the LA, Dallas and Miami district)

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

Appt. was for 10:30, we arrived around 10:00, they let us in, we recieved a number, and at 10:45 our number was called. So, it was only a 15 min. wait from appointment time. The officer was very pleasant, took our passports, pictures and courtesy copy of approval, (attorney sent me orignals but I'm keeping those myself!) filled out papers, asked if we had any EAD's, etc. to turn in. He said if we had any other documents at home to be sure to destroy them. Stamped our passports, took us to another room to sign a form and get index fingerprints. That was it. 15 mins. total time, were out of the office by 11:00.

Anticlimatic after 4 years wait, and probably a little more for us since our daughter is still not done.

PD 06/05/2000
RD 06/26/2001
ND 08/15/2001
FP 01/28/2003
AD 01/29/2004

2 approvals down, 1 to go :(

Hello Angiodan, I have an appointment for passport stamping at Tampa at 8:30 on Tuesday, May 25th. Like you I scheduled my appointment thru Infopass. Can you confirm whether you made your appointment by checking "you wish to see an immigration officer" as the appointment type? I never saw an option for passport stamping, or fingerprinting/signing form I 89. Also was there a line outside when you arrived for the appointment? Wish you speedy GC processing for your daughter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I checked the 'speak with an immigration officer' spot. There were only 3-4 people waiting outside when we got there. I'm not sure if there would be more earlier in the morning.

Good Luck!

In order to get stamped, you need your canadian passport, that's it. They don't ask for drivers license at all.

Stamping in Tampa

2 angiodan & loni

Did you guys schedule a single appointment through InfoPass for the whole family, or it was a separate appointment for each family member? If I schedule a single appointment for myself, will they let all of us in for stamping?
Thanks!