Original FP online message is still the same even after 6 months, Please help!!!

needpatience4gc

Registered Users (C)
I asked this qn in Finger Printing section, but no one seems to be bothered. Posting here hoping would get some response...

We (me and my wife) have given the finger prints on 04/08/04 and so far the online message hasn't changed for both:

"On March 25, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting that you appear for fingerprint recording. The notice also gave the times and location where this processing could be done. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

What does it mean? Is it stuck with finger print check or name/background check? Which is done first? How do I check both of them? I got these numbers from this forum for checking both. 1) finger print check (304-625-5590, 304-625-2406) and 2) name check (202-324-2399 and fax: 202-324-3367)

Couple of weeks back, I called the finger print check number and the lady told me that the results were sent to USCIS on the same day they received (04/14/04). Does that mean the finger print checks were completed and if so, the online status message should change, right?

I called the name check number the last friday (09/17/04) and left a message with all the details (I've not faxed, though). Will wait whether they respond within 48 business hours!!!

Some of my frendz told me there is nothing to worry if the online doesn't get updated but I've read some cases here that name check can take more than a year.. I don't want to get trapped thinking the former. Can you please help how should I proceed further? Appreciate any help...

FP messed up by CSC SF office

I just called FBI and was told my FP was incomplete. my online message is teh same as yours. you'd better call it up to make sure.

baywatcher

baywatacher,
Did you call 202-324-2399? I called this and left a message but no response yet. I also called 304-625-5590 (infact today that makes second time) and the lady me told the finger print check is already done and sent to USCIS.. I think my case is stuck with name/background check.

needpatience4gc said:
I asked this qn in Finger Printing section, but no one seems to be bothered. Posting here hoping would get some response...

We (me and my wife) have given the finger prints on 04/08/04 and so far the online message hasn't changed for both:

"On March 25, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting that you appear for fingerprint recording. The notice also gave the times and location where this processing could be done. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

What does it mean? Is it stuck with finger print check or name/background check? Which is done first? How do I check both of them? I got these numbers from this forum for checking both. 1) finger print check (304-625-5590, 304-625-2406) and 2) name check (202-324-2399 and fax: 202-324-3367)

Couple of weeks back, I called the finger print check number and the lady told me that the results were sent to USCIS on the same day they received (04/14/04). Does that mean the finger print checks were completed and if so, the online status message should change, right?

I called the name check number the last friday (09/17/04) and left a message with all the details (I've not faxed, though). Will wait whether they respond within 48 business hours!!!

Some of my frendz told me there is nothing to worry if the online doesn't get updated but I've read some cases here that name check can take more than a year.. I don't want to get trapped thinking the former. Can you please help how should I proceed further? Appreciate any help...

Hello;

I have given mine also around the same in April. Even i had the same message till last friday(09/17). Now i am having this kind of message "

On April 10, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.
"

I guess yours will change soon. Even i was worried all these days..Good Luck.

I am in the same boat:

Hi needpatience4gc,
we have completed our FP on 04/07/04 and the online message did not change so far.(exactly similar to the message given in your post. Even date is the same) I am just waiting keeping my fingers crossed.
I-140 RD: 08/25/2003
I-485 RD: 10/03/2003
EAD and AP approved on: 01/18/2004.
All the best.
Lovy.

needpatience4gc said:

CRMG and Lovy,
Thanks for the replies.. some how I suspect that my case was stuck with name check... I was planning to fax the name check company for getting the status.. Did you guys do that already? If so, was there any response? My understanding was that INS won't touch I-485 case unless they receive both name check and finger print status from FBI.. Since 485 cases are moving fast in the last few weeks, I'm little anxious to know about my FP

Hi needpatience4gc,
I contacted FBI long back and they told that they cleared my FP on the same day. However I did not know the status of the 'name check'. I think we better send the fax inquiry which my some times help.
All the best.

needpatience4gc said:
CRMG and Lovy,
Thanks for the replies.. some how I suspect that my case was stuck with name check... I was planning to fax the name check company for getting the status.. Did you guys do that already? If so, was there any response? My understanding was that INS won't touch I-485 case unless they receive both name check and finger print status from FBI.. Since 485 cases are moving fast in the last few weeks, I'm little anxious to know about my FP

I also did mine finger print in April and did not see any update with the online message. I call BCIS and they are absolutely no help! How do I check the status for a name check. Is there a fax number and anyone has a standard template for an inqury? Thanks!

It's there in my original post but anyways here it is again:
name check (202-324-2399 and fax: 202-324-3367)

My own advise would be to call the number and leave a message (you'd be damn lucky if someone picks up and answers your call) and also fax them. To fax, I've not come across any format so far and I'm planning to fax tommorrow with all the details..

Good luck

I have done second FP and even stamped on passport but my 1st FP status still the same since Dec. 2002. Yes 2002 it is not a typo. At some stage I though my FP might lost or have problem.