Organized check list of CP docs to be carried at the time of interview

GCVoyager

Registered Users (C)
CPers, I had put togather a check list of documents to be carried at the time of medical test and interview. Thought I'll share with you all future CPers. Its based on list originally posted by srifix (or srifx). I have broken it in way which will help you organize them systematically in folders.

I had printed it out and put list for each folder in respective folder. And went on checking off each item in the list as I added docs to the folder. And re-verified the time to time and day before the interview. I am sure it will be helpful to you all.

Nice Nice Nice work.

i don't know why i always come up with a question.

------------------------------------
Question 1) please differentiate between
"
7. Employment letter (Original and NOTARIZED)
8. Employment letter - 2 (Original and NOTARIZED)
"
Question 2) For some documents in the check-list you refer to "Original and Notorized"

Does it mean, get a original copy, and on the duplicate-have it notorized.

or

just notorize the original-copy itself.

for example : 11. Affidavit of support for spouse I-134 (original and NOTARIZED)

what needs to be done.

------------------

Thanks
Localmadras

Re: Re: Organized check list of CP docs to be carried at the time of interview

I prepared main lists in such a way that it counts number of documents. so any documents needed twice, i put two entries for it. that way count is also in sync with number of documents in your folder.

immihelp.com said that two notarized emp letters were needed. so i put two entries for it . but only one is needed by consulate. other is for you. So you can remove one of the entries from the list if u wish.

No, "Original and notarized" means person who created that doc signs infront of a notary. So emp letter that you get from your company, should be notarized one. (you can't get it notarized because it would be already signed). So its notarized original doc.

I134 - print it out from INS web site, fill it out (dont sign yet) go to a notray sign infront of him and he'll sign it and notarize it by stamping it.

Originally posted by localmadras
Nice Nice Nice work.

i don't know why i always come up with a question.

Question 1) please differentiate between
"
7. Employment letter (Original and NOTARIZED)
8. Employment letter - 2 (Original and NOTARIZED)
"
Question 2) For some documents in the check-list you refer to "Original and Notorized"

Does it mean, get a original copy, and on the duplicate-have it notorized.

or

just notorize the original-copy itself.

for example : 11. Affidavit of support for spouse I-134 (original and NOTARIZED)

what needs to be done.

------------------

Thanks
Localmadras

hi Tapasvi,
That was a very nice work of u rs! I have a few questions relating the documents.
1. IRS 9003 ? what is it ..How do I obtain it ?
2.what is a domicile certificate ??
3.what all get included in "any other affidavits"?

Thanks.

IRS 9003 is an IRS form (not INS) it very simple to fiil out. It has few questions regarding income tax. It used to be needed for CP but not any more. I wasn't asked for it.

Domicile cert is some thing you can get in india from ur place of residnce (- from court, i think). It usually shows your birthdate, parent's names, address etc. This and other docs, which I mentioned under this section in my doc i uploaded before, are not at required for CP.

I had my BC issued recently so it had reg. date of 2002. But I had my domicile cert issued when i was in school. so i carried my domicile cert along in case they had any doubts.

I hd to carry an affidavit for some issue related to my wife's last name before marriage. So "any other affidavits u may need" is general. u cn remove it if does not apply to ur individual case.

hope this helps. all the best

Originally posted by cpgc_2002
hi Tapasvi,
That was a very nice work of u rs! I have a few questions relating the documents.

Thanks.

hi Tapasvi,

Thanks.

IRS 9003 not required anymore

Hi, everyone, IRS 9003 form is not required by DOS or INS anymore.

You can find such information at DOS website---visa telegram page.

good luck.