Options for students that were in India when TVU closed down

kpate004

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

What are my options? I went to India on Dec 1 to visit my family who I have not seen for couple years. I took the semester off with the permission of TVU officials. I was to return on Feb 7 2011. I am still stuck in India and would like to continue my educations. I call the SEVIS department and they gave me the option to apply for another visa even though my visa is valid till Dec 2011. This process will take almost 6-8 months again. Does any other student have similar problem? And if so, what have they done or plan to do?

Thanks

You would have to apply at a REAL, accredited university. Since TVU was not accredited, nobody will accept any credits from there, so you will have to start over from scratch.
You will have to take TOEFL and GRE/GMAT, since pretty much all real, accredited universities require that.
Further, real, accredited universities have application deadlines. The application window for Fall 2011 at real, accredited universities is most likely closed by now. So, you are realistically looking at applying for Spring 2012 or Fall 2012.
And you need to forget CPT. That's forever tainted.
And finally, if I haven't made it clear enough yet, stay far far away from any non-accredited institution. They are as bad as TVU was, and are next in line to get shut down.

May I ask what the problem is with my answer?
I know how REAL universities operate.
And I have been involved with unmasking the TVU fraud, since April 2010.

I hope you are not looking for yet another shortcut. You should know by now that shortcuts don't work. They would only get you deeper into trouble.
From now on, you have to do everything by the book. Your involvement with TVU is in your file, and they will double- and triple-check every application, due to that big red flag on your file.
Again, forget any shortcuts.
You will have to start over, if you want to get a degree. And you will have to go to an accredited university, if you want to get a degree. There is no way around that. Plain and simple.

And, in other posts here you state that you are a US citizen. why then would you need a visa to begin with?
http://forums.immigration.com/showt...-Please-Help&p=2269179&highlight=#post2269179
You may want to keep your story straight for a change...

Last edited by a moderator:
@kpate004
Instead of deleting your post, why don't you explain why you need an F1 visa if you are a US citizen, as you have said here: http://forums.immigration.com/showt...-Please-Help&p=2269179&highlight=#post2269179 ?
To make sure that you don't delete that, I quote it here:
I am a US Citizen. I recently got engaged to my fiance in India. I want to apply for K1 visa for her so she can come to US and we can get register married in 90 days.
Are you affiliated with the TVU operator, Ms. Su?

I want to join in your university..basically i'm a indian.can you specify the procedure for applying in your university
Huh?
have you been living under a rock?
TVU is shut down, other diploma mills are also raided. This has been in pretty much every Indian newspaper...
You will have to find a REAL, accredited university, and apply there.
Forget any of these diploma mills that are advertised by fraudulent "agents" or "education consultants" in India. They only want your money, and nothing else.
If you go to any of these, you will only lose your money, and you may end up getting deported. Of course, if you want to see a deportation cell from the inside, go right ahead...
A fool and his money are easily parted. Don't be a fool...