OPT and TN question

Jfdiejf

Hi fellow members, could anyone please help me answer the following questions?

I am working in the US under OPT and it is expiring so I am thinking of starting a TN visa. I have another job offer with a new employer and here are my questions.
1. Do I need to bring all degrees I’ve earned or just the one that is relevant to the TN visa (math TN category, have BS in stat and masters in other fields, but the master is US degree used for OPT)
2. Do I need to provide docs such as my current EAD and i20?
3.does my OPT ends on the same day my TN is approved? I was wanting to get TN approval and then give 2 weeks notice with my current employer, is this possible to get approved for TN with my new employer then continue to work as Opt with my current employer for 2 weeks?

Thank you in advance!

1. Jusdt the one(s) that relate to the TN category under which you are petitioning.
2. No, but you would want to have all the docs required to let you back in to US if your TN fails.
3. Unfortunately, you will not be able to give notice, as your TN will override your F1/OPT. Some have tried to enter on new TN, then exit, and then re-enter on F1 (or other status), with mixed success. Notice is never required however, so make sure about your future first, before worrying about past employer's feelings.