Open message to Rajiv Khanna

chanduv23

Registered Users (C)
Dear Sir,
Greetings. I would like to take this opportunity and make some statements. If your moderators view it as criticism and something working against the interests of your firm, they can do anything they want.
I am a frequent visitor to your forum and it has a lot of valuble information and the forum gurus are simply amazing.
I recently happened to hear the recording of your conference call with your clients.
Dear sir, I am amazed by the way immigration lawyers have been flourishing over these years based on this country and exploiting immigrants who think immigration lawyers are there to help and not exploit.
The July 2nd, USCIS/DOS flip flop incident has further exposed the integrity of immigration lawyers. I was under a very strong impression that immigration lawyers will take this seriously and gather under one umbrella and work towards a goal.
Lawyers like you have the zeal and capability to bring a change - if it is for the good. Lawyers like you can definitely lead and believe me - if immigrants can get support a lot can be done.
Dear sir, we need help. We need representation. I am personally of the opinion that lawyers must not be confined to just mere paperwork and interpretations of laws but lawyers must lead efforts.

My only question to you is

Why are immigration lawyers just confined to taking fees from clients and do the paperwork and packaging and arranging and fedexing and interpreting laws. Is that what immigration law is all about? Arn't lawyers supposed to get in action during critical times? Why do immigration lawyers confine themselves to just interpreting the law and just charge fee from clients for every bit of paperwork they do?

Dear moderators - please do not 'shoot the messenger'. This is an open discussion forum. I have been a long time member in this forum and would definitely look for an answer from Shree Rajivji.

Dear sir - I am a big fan of yours. Please understand that there is nothing personal against you.

I am expecting a response to this post.

What's your point here? Rajiv has been involved in numerous such initiatives.

State clearly, what initiative you would like him to be a part of?

Well - a lot of people have been taking so many initiatives to help themselves and help the community. As lawyers - isn't it thier duty to take strong initiatives for their clients. My question is - why are lawyers just confined to paperwork and not flip on to the other side and give a tough fight, rather give up by saying we cannot win a case.

What case? Are you talking about the AILF Class Action Lawsuit against the July Visa Bulletin Update? I think this lawsuite hurts the employment based GC applicants in general. The outcome could result in cancellation of many 485 applications that were approved in the final days of June. How would this help anyone? The backlog is bound to increase. Then you can forget that the Priority Dates will become current even in October.

What case? Are you talking about the AILF Class Action Lawsuit against the July Visa Bulletin Update? I think this lawsuite hurts the employment based GC applicants in general. The outcome could result in cancellation of many 485 applications that were approved in the final days of June. How would this help anyone? The backlog is bound to increase. Then we can forget that Priority Dates will become current even in October.

What about new innovative ways of dealing with situations? What I am trying to say is - we are commoners, they are lawyers. If they do what we are all doing it will be more effective.

What about new innovative ways of dealing with situations? What I am trying to say is - we are commoners, they are lawyers. If they do what we are all doing it will be more effective.

I totally agree with you. It seems lawyers in general do not want to rock the boat and get their money by working around the loopholes etc. I remember UN on this forum, used to quote laws that did not make sense. I don't blame them. Guys who have waited for years for their GC's too do not want to rock the boat.
AILF is interested in this case since their is clear precedence on how USCIS has gone back and forth on their own rules. AILF is doing this for their own interest that matches the interests of a lot of people who want to apply for 485's.
We might have to do a lot of small battles like the one AILF is taking on, before immigration rules may look sensible. One of things that we can do is show some strength of numbers either through rallying or or sending flowers etc....Unless the media sees the numbers nothing happens in this country. Even Bill Gates's testimony for 3 hours and countless lobbying did not move things. Any type of mauevering/lobbying by IV etc may not work unless we 'explicitly' show our strength on the streets.
Ideas are welcome!

chanduv23,
I must admit, the questions you raised are exactly the questions going through lot of people's minds who are affected by this situation right now. The silence from expected and assumed quarters of support is indeed mystifying. My sincere hope is time does not reveal different faces everywhere behind fake disguises. This question seemed too compelling to just read from sidelines without lending support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for understanding. I was expecting to be bashed left and right for using Rajivji's name in my post but that did not happen.

Rajivji has indeed done a lot effort from the behind. ie He was the one who started a concept of IV , I remember him saying "It is going to be a long effort" and suggesting that people must gather under one umbrella, open a website and get into grassroot legislation and media drives.

I agree with chanduv23.

After this visa bullting debacle, my impression about world's biggest democracy is shattered! The government agencies here works the same way as in 3rd world country and breaks the law whenever it benefits to them. After so big blunder by USCIS / DOS which literally affected lives of thousands of law abiding legal immigants, nobody - including lawyers, is really opposing or criticizing USCIS / DOS openly. I understand they want to protect best iinterest of their clients but at least, by ethics, to keep fairness in the system and being expert on immigration matter, they must lead the efforts with goal to publish behind-scene-truth to people and request government to correct their mistake immediately to regain faith in integrity of the system. We yet to see what AILA / AILF plan to do on this matter. That is the reason we need independent association of immigrants, like ImmigationVoice (www.immigrationvoice.com) so we can work toward interest of our own if nobody else!!

By the way, I have highest regards to Rajivji as prominent and selfless immigration lawyer.

Last edited by a moderator: