ONLY ONE left from 2001

No, you are not...I am 08/01...still waiting...and feeling glorified by all the name check FBI is performing with my simple name...

its a shame

I was in a similar boat until recently. Did you guys write to the ombudsman? How about a request through the AILA? Did you send expedite requests to FBI? If you tried these and nothing worked, try all over again.

Have faith and keep praying

I think your approval is at the corner. Just keep praying.

We got stuck with name check. We waited 3.5 years for my I485 approval(over 2 years stuck with name check). It finally came 4/21/05. We got our passport stamped on 5/13. Haven't got the actual cards yet.

In the course of this waiting, I realized that we just needed to learn to forget about it and go on with life. Always remember that life still goes on with greencard or without it. I felt a lot better in the last 2 years by changing my attitute.

Good luck to you.

Funny part is

I already received email from FBI in Feb 05 saying Name Check was completed back in Jan 03......

Within 18 months...this is what I did....*****

Sent more then 7-8 Exp. Request....no help
Called INS more then 4 times ...NO HELP
Called local senator (Corzine & Lautenberg both) 4 times- NO HELP...
Wrote email / letter - CIS ombudsman - Mr. Khatri - No Help.....
Praying to GOD million times a Day - No help......

I never ever had any WRONG or illegal mark on my career.....GOD only knows...what is going on...on...on...

Sorry to hear this. I can feel your pain. I read some where on this site that some people have to go through other checks other than FBI which involves home countries. Check this out. Though this is not going to make you feel better since people are getting their GCs in 3 months now. Life is unfair.

My advise is either go to Vermont Service Center and enquire(one of my friend did, he got his approval within 1 month) or send expedite request to Director VSC, he/she will respond in couple of weeks.

Contact Senator or Congressman

Since you name chack was cleared, I would definately contact Senator or congressman. If you tried senator, now try congressman. Good luck!

lovensing said:
I already received email from FBI in Feb 05 saying Name Check was completed back in Jan 03......

Within 18 months...this is what I did....*****

Sent more then 7-8 Exp. Request....no help
Called INS more then 4 times ...NO HELP
Called local senator (Corzine & Lautenberg both) 4 times- NO HELP...
Wrote email / letter - CIS ombudsman - Mr. Khatri - No Help.....
Praying to GOD million times a Day - No help......

I never ever had any WRONG or illegal mark on my career.....GOD only knows...what is going on...on...on...

Got reply for another one expedite request

"Upon receipt of your letter requesting expeditious handling, this matter was reviewed and a determination was made that it does not mett the criteria for special handling".

RD10/2001

Query

Hello sm18,

Has anybody personally visited VSC ? Do you have to take appointment to visit VSC ? Let's say i go to VSC, whom should i meet there ?

Thanks,

RD : June 2002

Lara said:
"Upon receipt of your letter requesting expeditious handling, this matter was reviewed and a determination was made that it does not mett the criteria for special handling".

RD10/2001
That's brutal!:eek: Sure you typed RD correctly? :mad:

gcfarmer

You don't need any appointment, take all your documentation(just in case).
The other approach is ask your attorney to check the status via AILA liason, since your RD is June 02 they will help you out.

After waiting for 3,5 years got a transfer

tyzh said:
That's brutal!:eek: Sure you typed RD correctly? :mad:
My RD is correct 10/2001.

After the reply on expedite request (see above) yesterday got the e-mail, that our cases were transferred to another office for the interview. This take several months to schedule the interview.

Dec 2001 RD - Am waiting too !!

Folks,

I am waiting too. No RFE. FP1 - 02/02. FP2 - 05/03. Online status indicates about FP1 received on....

FBI responded that Name Check was forwarded to USCIS in Jan 2003.

3 requests for Expedite didnot work. They donot think my case is eligible for expedition.

4 Congress women and Senator inquiries - No specific response. They all came back saying that my case will be approved in 6 months.

I donot see light at the end of the tunnel with priority dates retrogression. Am on my 4th EAD and AP. Am still optimistic and hopeful.

Thanks,

Ajay

Last edited by a moderator:
lovensing said:
looks like I'm the ONLY person waiting for GC since Oct, 2001

me too.
Appln: EB3
LC: June 08 2001 (PD)
EAD Received: August 21 2004
I140 Approval: Feb 2005
FP: April 08 2005
LUD:April 20 2005 (finger printing results).
LUD:May 06 2005
LUD:May 23 2005 (Approx)
RFE:June 06 2005 (Want W2 for 2004 and letter from employer)
Ready to send.