Online status down???

whygc

Registered Users (C)
I found this message when I checked the status today:

Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.

do you see the same thing?

yesterday, when I called the 1-800 number.. there was a message like "Due to a system problem, we cannot access your case at this time...."
I tried my I-140 LIN# (which has already been approved) and the same message for my I-485 and an EAC# for another I-140 in my name. I tried another couple random numbers and their status had no problem. Anyone in that situation?
Its normal today.

Online down???? -- This is my day! YAHOOOOO!!!

Guys, By God's grace, my case was approved, just like what Jambal said.

This forum has been a great help for me. I have been a long time slient viewer until recently started posting some opinions.

I want to thank everyone who has helped in this forum. Hold on there, your days will come.

Here is my details:

I140/I484 Concurrent filing RD 11/2002
FP1 6/2003
RFE received 7/2004 and was received by INS on 8/25/2004
AP: 9/1/2004

Thanks again and I am willing to answer any questions if you would like to ask.

Hey Hey Congracts WhyGC. thats really great news. One more got out the USCIS hell. I some how got feeling that your case is being approved. ;)

WhyGc,

Congratulations ! Did you get approval for both I140/485 at the same time ? Please let us know, even if you have received RFE for I140.

Jambal, you are my lucky star tonight!!

We was wondering early this afternoon why my reciept number could not be found in INS database. Then I got the approval email around 5PM after seeing your comments. Keep blessing others, like what you said, who knows. But I thank God from the bottom of heart getting me out this ordessy. I have been prepared to leave anytime bad news came to go back. Now I can start planning my new life.

My I140 was approved early 2003 and RFE for that was Employee verification from previous company. The company shut down in 2002. I found my previous co-worker and INS accpeted the letter from him.

For I485 RFE, INS asked for EMP letter, Driver's lincense(or any other Gov issued ID), and my parent's correct name. I misspelled their name when the forms was filled out. I got my parents' passport and visa they used before. INS received last Thur.

Thanks everyone and Let me know if you need more info.

Wow that was unexpected! Congrats!!! I remember you having "why Green Card" talk not very long ago... now this is very good news, that only give us more hope.
Enjoy your new life.