online case status

baikal3

Registered Users (C)
Does the online case status for N-400 change when they send out a Fingerprint appointment notice or the Interview letter?

(I assume not but would like to know for sure)

Thanks!

No .It just gives a basic information about processing.Eg.

On 21st December we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

My understanding is that when the case status disappears, it means that the file is transferred to the local office for interview scheduling and that you can expect the intervew appointment letter shortly thereafter. However, if you search this forum for threads that deal with this topic, you will find that there are many exceptions to this rule (both "case disappears but no letter" and also "letter received but case status remains") !!!!!!!!

Agreee

I agree with rwsh as I have recd. my IL about 3 weeks back but the case # has never disappeared.

2bc said:
I agree with rwsh as I have recd. my IL about 3 weeks back but the case # has never disappeared.
On the other hand my case disappeared on 8/23/06 and I have still not received the interview letter. Moral of the story is that case status disappearance does not conclusively mean anything.

sbkp2006 said:
How can you type those dates under your message..??
e.g. 06/12/06: FP Date
Those are set as "Signature". Navigate to "User Control Panel" and click on "Edit Signature" and then all your posts will have that signature appended to the bottom of the post.

Where is User Cantrol Panel?

Is it on the same page where I am typing this message or somewher in the computer I have to go..??
Thanks buddy..!!

Look for User CP (you can use the find feature in your browser) at the upper part of the page. Click on that User CP and you should see the edit signature option. The signature is very useful, because once you change it it reflects automatically on every message you have posted. You can add color, different types, sizes of text, same way as in a regular post.

Thanks..!

Thanks Huracan..!!
I got it..!! right now it is not showing while I am typing, but I hope when I submit to post it will appiare..!!
Once again thanx..!