• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

one quick question reg. application

ginger_anna

Registered Users (C)
I live in the US and the rest of my family lives in Europe. If they fill out the application, can I send it in instead of them and provide my US address? the reason for this is that the timeframe they give us to send in applications is roughtly a month, right? and letters from my country have been known to take 2-3 months to arrive here. So it'll be safer for me to send it in rather than them. Can I do that? any suggestions?

Yes, you can do it that way, but your family member who is applying has to sign the application personally, so as soon as the instructions for DV2005 are public, make sure your family follow the roules, let them use your address on the application form (not on the envelope) and they can send it to you. Then you can send in the application for them during the mail in periode. When they send it to you they can use a more faster mail service.

<<<let them use your address on the application form (not on the envelope)>>>
Does this mean they should use their address on the envelope? On the envelope can they just say whatever country it is then underneath it put my address here in the US? So if they're approved I'll get the confirmation letter?

Originally posted by ginger_anna
<<<let them use your address on the application form (not on the envelope)>>>
Does this mean they should use their address on the envelope? On the envelope can they just say whatever country it is then underneath it put my address here in the US? So if they're approved I'll get the confirmation letter?

On the application letter they should put the mailing address, but on the envelope there should be their living address.
Maybe you can have a look at the instructions for DV2004 at:

http://travel.state.gov/DV2004.html

But please be aware that these are not the instructions for DV2005, instructions can change every year. The instructions for DV2005 will be published in August on http://travel.state.gov