1. The forums will be down July 21 weekend due to server being moved by our host. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks.
    Dismiss Notice

One parent taking a child to Canada. What is needed?

Discussion in 'Canada - Visiting, Living in, Moving to or Moving ' started by dhlunar, May 29, 2016.

  1. dhlunar

    dhlunar Registered Users (C)

    We have a nine-month old baby and my wife is traveling to Canada in a couple of weeks and want to take the baby with her. I am unable to go because of work. We already got our baby a US Passport. I read that my wife will need - besides the baby's passport - a signed letter from me saying it is OK that the baby is going to Canada, a copy of my passport information page, and a copy of the baby's birth certificate. Is there any other documentation that is needed for my wife to take our baby to Canada to visit? Does my approval letter need to notarized?
  2. Triple Citizen

    Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

    That should be fine. No need to have your letter notarised.


Share This Page