once 485 approved, how long one has to wait before one can travel out

WorryForGC

Registered Users (C)
if one's 485 approved, how long one has to wait before one can travel out it looks like some of the posts say that the passport is not stamped these days and if one is 485 approved then AP is cancelled, would that mean that one cannot travel till the plastic card is recieved which can be months some time??.

what are the options if one wants to travel the next day of the 485 approval

To travel outside US after 485 approval, you either need a passport stamp or the green card. AP isn't working anymore. So, go to your USCIS local office to ask for stamping and they normally will do. The major reason that you saw someone on this board being rejected for stamping is that, these days if you get approved by one of the reginal service centers, your physical card will arrive within 1 or 2 weeks and there really isn't so necessary to stamp your passport. Even so, I believe the local office should stamp the passport if you request; I guess the other person was simply unlucky and came across a very bad USCIS officer.

Madison04 said:
To travel outside US after 485 approval, you either need a passport stamp or the green card. AP isn't working anymore. So, go to your USCIS local office to ask for stamping and they normally will do. The major reason that you saw someone on this board being rejected for stamping is that, these days if you get approved by one of the reginal service centers, your physical card will arrive within 1 or 2 weeks and there really isn't so necessary to stamp your passport. Even so, I believe the local office should stamp the passport if you request; I guess the other person was simply unlucky and came across a very bad USCIS officer.

This is an excellent suggestion. I would like to add one more line herein " generally" officer ask to show the confirmed returned tickets prior to the stamping of the passport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does one need to have Approval document in hand to get PP stamped ?

I need to travel to India in April and I am worried about following situation. I get the Approval email today and I need to travel outside US day after tomorrow

Thanks for help..

take infopass and officer will chek the approval and stamp

will_get_there1 said:
Does one need to have Approval document in hand to get PP stamped ?

I need to travel to India in April and I am worried about following situation. I get the Approval email today and I need to travel outside US day after tomorrow

Thanks for help..