On H4, want to study in the US

spe

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am on a H4, my husband is on a H1B. I am planning to Give my GRE and then do my MS here in the US.
I had a few questions
1. Can I get any kind of Aid while I am in H4 or I have to switch to F1. I woul have completed one year in US at the time of applying so I should be eligible for the In State Feed.
2. My Husband has applied for I-485, If I switch to F1 now is it going to hamper the I-485 process and result in some complications

I may hopefully get my EAD card before I begin applying can this help me in getting some Aid

Thanks
Spe

H4 and school

You can attend school while on H4. However, you cannot get any kind of funding form the the school. To do that you need to switch to F1.
  In my case, my lawyer advised me to file H4 for my wife, wait for receipt notice before filing 485. Infact, he was so conservative that he did not allow my wife even to take the medical exam before getting the receipt notice. However, I saw on another lawyer\'s site that one can file for 485 while on F1.
  The best thing to do would be to file for 485 only without the EAD. Once you get the 485 receipt notice, go to the local INS office and they would issue you the EAD the same day. The whole process might take 2-3 months but can avoid any potential complications.

Disclaimer: I\'am not a lawyer and the above expressed opinions do not constitue a legal advise. Follow it at your own peril.

485 and F-1

F-1 is non-immigrant visa. Filing 485 clearly shows your intention so direct violation. Why don\'t you get EAD and use it for the work. you\'ll be more free as on F-1 you\'re allowed limited hrs. to work and that too only on campus. With EAD you can go a Mac or whatever, and attend the school also.

GEC provides real time updated information on the various universities and admission procedures for Countries like USA, UK, Singapore courses and so on.

We also offer coaching for examinations like CAT / CET / SNAP / NMAT / MAT & GRE / GMAT / TOEFL / SAT / IELTS.

Every academic destination, like USA, Australia, and UK, has its own demands to be fulfilled in order to secure admission in the right University. Keeping this in mind we also provide students with necessary Admissions Counseling which includes the following:

 Psychometric Assessment
 Counselling Session
 School Selection
 Preparing Application Packet
 Visa Counselling
 Pre-departure Seminar

So get ready, GET Started with the procedures Right away…

For further information contact:
Global Education Counsel:
[a division of Growth Centre (I) Pvt. Ltd.]
5th Floor, Gagangiri Complex,
18th Road, Chembur, Mumbai – 400071
Chembur: (022) 32516857/ 2528 5657 / 2528 7474
Pune: (020) 64000143 /25456179 / 25455184
Email :
Pune: info_pune@globaleducationcounsel.org
Mumbai: info_mumbai@globaleducationcounsel.org