Old Employer not giving Experience Letter

gc_chaiye

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

My DOL date is Jul 18, 2003 at Phily, PA. If by the grace of GOD this is cleared, I want to apply for I-140 and I-485 together. My old company is not giving me an experience letter. Although I have all paystubs from them during my 2 year stay with the company in US. What should I do?
Can any old colleague give me an experience letter for the 485 stage? If yes, does it have to be on company letter head?

Pl. help.

Thanks,
gc_chaiye

Any old colleague can give you the experience letter on his/her current letterhead testifyong that you worked with him/her or under his/her supervision. Make sure you use the same words as mentioned in the labor. Also indicate the in the letter the length of your stay with atarting and ending Month/Year

Dear Karns,

I have a coloured copy of the company letter head. My friend is still an employee of that comapany. Can I use that letter head and ask my friend to sign that. He will say that he was also a consultant in the same company during the time I was with that company. (Pl. note that my friend was not at the same client or the place where I was, but we had same employers)
Do u still think I can have him say that I worked with him? Pl. advise.

Thanks a lot karns.

Regards,
gc_chaiye

gc_chaiye:

If your friend is still an employee of the same company then, ask him to prepare a letter on the current letter head. Because legally, you giving the letterhead is wrong because you are nomore an employee. He shouldnt have a problem in getting access to office stationary. Try that option or you can also see if that client of your can write a letter for you that you were a contractor from so and so company and worked with them from mo/y to mo/y. That will work too.

Hope that helps

Dear Karns,
Thanks for your sincere reply. This is the format I have prepared and requested my project supervisors at the client (not the H1 holding company) to print on client letter head and signed by my project manager. Pl. advise if this looks good.

Thanks,
gc_chaiye

-----------------------------------------------------------------
August 25, 2003

To Whom It May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. _X_____ has worked with _________________(Client Name). His project at _________________(Client Name) began BEGIN DATE and ended on END DATE. His position during this time was Computer Programmer. He was an employee of ______________(COmpany Holding my H1B visa), which is a software company, located in _____________(Location). I was X's supervisor at _________________(Client Name) during his stay with us and I am familiar with his work.

During his project at _________________(Client Name) Mr. X has worked in the ‘Mapping, Migration and Conversion of Oracle 11i objects for the upgrade’ project in Oracle Applications, PL/SQL, Pro C, C, C++, Java, Java Script in windows and unix environments. His responsibility was to do migration and development at _________________(Client Name). His work required the use of the following software :

Oracle 8.0, 8i, Oracle Applications, PL/SQL, Java, C, C++, Weblogic, Perl, EJB, Javascript, JDK1.2.2, Applets, JDBC-ODBC along with Unix and Windows as operating systems.

Mr. X has good knowledge of Oracle and Java tools. He is sincere and hardworking. We wish him success in his career.

Sincerely,

(Authorised Signatory)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks fine to me. Please make sure it is typed/printed on their company's letter head

Best of Luck :)

I submitted letter from another employee on plain paper

In my case I have submitted letter from two other employees who
worked with me on plain paper.(Notarized). We didn't submit on
company letter head.This is during I-140 stage.

Well, Thats is fine, if it is on plain paper then it should be notarized but in any case letter head is a better option

Thanks a lot Karns and Sep13. You guys are very helpful. Thanks again.
Just as an FYI, this is another format that I got from my present company HR guy which I would need to get filled from an old co-worker.

Co-Worker’s Affidavit

I, ____________________________________ (* enter name of person making Affidavit), do hereby solemnly state and affirm as hereunder:

1. I am over twenty one years of age and otherwise competent to make this affidavit.

2. I am currently, (* or I am currently and at all times relevant hereto been), employed with _____________________________________ (*enter the name and address of CURRENT employer.)

3. During the period from __________________ to ________________, I was employed with __________________________________ (*enter name of employer at the times covered by the information in the Affidavit),_____________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________ (* enter address of previous employer), in the capacity of _______________________________________________.

4. From _________________ to _____________________ I was co-worker of ___________________, who worked for _______________________________________________________ (*company name and address) as a _________________________________________, to my knowledge no less than ____________________________ hours per week.

5. I certify that as a __________________________(*position), ____________________________, (*name of candidate) to my knowledge performwd the following duties:

(*list duties here, use as many lines as required)

6. (*Any other relevant facts)
(* Mention specific projects, achievement or other work related information here)

Date:

I hereby declare under penalty of perjury pursuant to the laws of the United States of America (28 U.S.C. ‘ 1746) that the foregoing is true and correct.

Executed on _______________________ at __________________________________ (*date of affidavit) (*place affidavit was signed; home address is acceptable)

Signed: _____________________________________________________

If I do not get experience letters from my old project supervisors during that time, I will try to use the above.

Thx
gc_chaiye

Hello,

I have kind of similar problem....

I worked with my previous employer for few months in a year. But I wass on & off from project.... So basically I worked for a month and then no project for couple of months again got a project for 1 and half months and so on....

Now in my resume i showed total year of experience [I did mention my lawyer / emloyer about this before Labor was filed]

Last week i got 1-140 application from my lawyer for my signature. I see a form " ETA 9089" and in there my experience is shown as full year.[Which is incorrect] Also My previous employer is not giving any letter neither I have any friend working in that company....

What should I do ??? I am not feeling comfortable in signing the I-140 application as I feel it would be a lie and it might affect my case.... What can be done???

Any help would be appreciated.

BIG B