Oct, Nov, Dec 2001 Filers

I agree that the waiting in our case is humiliating. The law suite apparently goes to nowhere. What about small court? If everybody from us, long waiters, file suit into state small court, it could make a difference. At least we could say that we fight for our rights, not just wait charity from shameless bureaucrats.

Rd: 10/7/01
Nd:11/1/01
Fp: 02/02, 04/02, 07/03, 12/03
No Rfe

Hang in there guys your cases will be approved pretty soon.My case has been approved on May 28th-2004
My case details
ND 08/17/2001
RD 10/12/2001
Good luck

I can understand your pain. Hope you guys get approval soon. Although i am not VSC sufferer anymore, i'll be waiting at local office now. The wait never ends. Hopefully, in 1 year i'll get an interview or something.

Mavishka and Sam, dengdeng's theory failed for you guys.

My spouse talked to an uscis officer (called 1-800 number then transferred) yesterday and was told the case is pending. He suggested us to write a letter to VSC! We have sent 3 letters, never got any response back so far. I believe the big delay of FBI’s name/background check is the main reason, but what we can do to FBI?

noRFEyet became noMoreRFE

myself & wife's cases were approved yesterday.

RD 10/17/2001
AD 6/23/2004

no RFE
changed job in 1/2004

3 times FP
4 times EAD, filled 4th EAD on June 3rd, still pending :rolleyes:

during last three years:
called VSC countless times -- was always told pending on name check
wrote VSC many many times -- got several standard meaningless replies
contacted local congressman in Dec 2003 -- was told waiting for name check
congressman office asked me to call them every month to check status, finally in April FBI started name check ( Only then I learned that my name check was never initiated, wasted 2 years and 3 months )

faxed FBI in May 2004 -- was told name check finished on the day I sent fax.
called VSC level II the first time on May 24 -- was told to call back after 30 days if nothing happens

I was about to call VSC again today, and found cases were approved last night.

I suggest you guys contact FBI to find out your name check status first.
Best wishes!

Dear "noRFEyet"

Dear "noRFEyet"

did u file AC21 or AR11...?
would u pls help me to contact FBI...? I live in NJ....?

also would u mind telling me about when u had FP done recently...?

thx

Last edited by a moderator:
lovensing,

>did u file AC21 or AR11...?
no, didn't change location

>would u pls help me to contact FBI...? I live in NJ....?
FBI fax# 202-324-3367, just give them your case details and tell them your case is pending for name check per VSC, ask for your name check status

>also would u mind telling me about when u had FP done recently...?
last FP was done on 12/24/2003

nonRFE

I have the following questions. I was wondering if you could give me info...

1. How did you know the name check was never initiated? Did the Senator's office tell you?

2. Where was the delay from? Was it the FBI that recieved the Name Check request and did not fulfill it or was it the CIS that never sent the request to the FBI?

Stuka,

>1. How did you know the name check was never initiated? Did the Senator's office tell you?

They didn't tell me. I guessed, because wife's n check finished in Dec 2002. I'm primary, filed the same time, clean background, shouldn't have a hit. I don't think FBI checked my background for 2 years.

>2. Where was the delay from? Was it the FBI that recieved the Name Check request and did not fulfill it or was it the CIS that never sent the request to the FBI?

This is the piece of puzzle we will never know.

Okay seems very similar to my situation. Did you have a second FP at all?

In my case, the FBI confirmed that the name check was done in Dec 2002. I assume that was based on First fingerprinting which occured in April 2002.

But then I had a second FP in Oct 2003 and the FBI said that they have no name check after that.

I'll tell you one more puzzling story

My wife's and my cases were transferred to Baltimore for interview.
At the interview, the officer told us that the process is finished, but my name check is pending. My wife's check has been cleared, but she can't get the approval until I (primary applicant) am approved.

We waited long months and continue to check at Baltimore.
The answer was always the same (see above).

In the beginning of June, my wife received the approval notice and we immediately went to Baltimore to stamp her pass and to ask about my status. Guess what ? They told this time that her case is approved and mine is still pending the name check... :(
My reference to their previous (numerous !) statements that my wife could not get the approval without me has no effect. The answer was: "we often do that as to approve kids before their parents..."

I am thus completely confused: do they simply forget to put the check "cleared" in my file, or the FBI lost my file.
For sure, somebody lost something... May be his mind. :(

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
EB1a
RN 12/04/2001
ND 12/14/2001
1FP 05/17/2002
case transferred to Baltimore for interview 06/13/2003
Interview 11/13/2003
2FP 11/20/2003

one more thing

Make sure you get the confirmation from FBI that your NAME CHECK is completed, not just the FP clearance, which is the criminal background check and usually will be sent back to VSC in days.

noRFEyet,

Thanks for suggestion.
I indeed faxed my data to FBI yesterday and hope to get some info from them in reasonable time frame.

thx to 'noRFEyet'

Dear 'noRFEyet':
Thank you very much for your response....

anyone or noRFEyet...

pls post(or email me at 'loveNsing@yahoo.com') the format of the letter to contact FBI or CIS or ( dont know who for name chk)

early & many thx

Has VSC gone mad?

There are all these September, October 2002 approvals, even some 2003 approvals while we are just sitting here. :mad:

Philly Stamping

noRFEyet said:
I485seeker,

What's the best time to go Philly office for pp stamping?

Thanks
NoRefyet,

We went in at around 10AM. Perhaps first thing in the morning might be a better bet.

I have an update to report, web site indicates that my cards have been mailed on June 26th!!

Thanks!!