Oct cases pending

How does this security check works anyway? Any idea?

Do they have to send some requests to your native country and then those are routed all the way down to your city/town and local police have to respond to those requests and then the results come all the way back to BCIS?

Any gurus?
Thanks.

Hey Guys,

I contact the senator's office today to ask them if they have received any response back from BCIS on my case. They told me that my I-485 is still pending and it may take 60 to 90 days before a decision... esentially the same thing IIO tells you which is not even a news to me...

He told me that he does not know if this is because of the background check but did say it is because of the backlog, which is kind of stupid as BCIS is processing Nov apps.

So, here we go again for a long wait without any hope for the near future.

Does anyone have any other updates?

Thanks.

I called IIO yesterday. They told my case is "in transit" but not yet assigned. Does anybody know what does "in-transit" means?

RD:Oct 29 2001
NO RFE

Originally posted by waitingforgc123
I called IIO yesterday. They told my case is "in transit" but not yet assigned. Does anybody know what does "in-transit" means?

NO RFE

I am not sure if your case is similar to mine. I had posted about my case two weeks back. Apparently the IIOs cannot make decisions based on a temporary A-file and request for the permanent a-file which in my case was in the national archive center. They shipped my file on April 10th. They said it usually reaches the officer after two weeks. So I called on 28th. They said it has been in the dept for a week and that I should hear in 30 days... I heard it the next day. So maybe your file is no in "transit"!

PatienceGC

From your post it seems that you changed jobs 4 years ago. But I never changed jobs. Got H-1 with this one company and stayed with it for last 4 years. Do they create temporary and permanent A file for every case ? Let's hope for the best.

No RFE

All Right Folks !! Its my turn now !

Fellow Oct waiters,
Heard of the good news last night. Our I-485 was finally approved yesterday (5/13/03).

Its been a long wait and some pretty crazy thoughts.....

It feels good ! So dont worry my friends, your approvals should be coming soon ! There is light at the other end of the tunnel...no matter how long the tunnel is !

Will keep this group posted on the stamping experience !

See you around !

approved

As per online our cases got approved today (May 16 '03).
Had checked this morning ; No Approval.
Checked around 3:30 : Approved.

I guess, we got it 'cause FP was expiring this month end.

RD : oct 19 '01
ND : nov 30 '01
FP : Feb 27 '02

Re: approved

Congratulations!!

Originally posted by OctImmi01
As per online our cases got approved today (May 16 '03).
Had checked this morning ; No Approval.
Checked around 3:30 : Approved.

I guess, we got it 'cause FP was expiring this month end.

RD : oct 19 '01
ND : nov 30 '01
FP : Feb 27 '02