OCT Bulletin Released !!!

Your US tax is $ 10 K in USD that means in Canadian dollar terms you paid $ 12K to US.

Your Canadian taxes come out to $ 15 K CAD. So $ 15K - 12K = 3 K

You can definitely telecommute if your company allows it. My company is hesitant to pay me in USD sitting in Canada. They either want me to work in US or then if I work in Canad then to go on Canadian payroll.
If your firm allows it there are no issues.

bmn240 said:
Thanks, texancanadian, for a detailed explanation. I could not follow though your (5) above.. probably, my brain is not working properly :). How do you come up with 3K CAD for Canada tax? I'm sorry, I'm a little slow..

Also, do you know if one could tele-commute from Canada? In other words, one can live in say in Vancouver and work from his home computer in Vanc. for a US company in say Alabama, without crossing the border everyday. Can one do that? Thanks once again.

texancanadian said:
Your US tax is $ 10 K in USD that means in Canadian dollar terms you paid $ 12K to US.

Your Canadian taxes come out to $ 15 K CAD. So $ 15K - 12K = 3 K

You can definitely telecommute if your company allows it. My company is hesitant to pay me in USD sitting in Canada. They either want me to work in US or then if I work in Canad then to go on Canadian payroll.
If your firm allows it there are no issues.

Makes sense. Thanks for your explanation. Let us know how things go when you move up there. If you move, won't you have to do CP and not AOS?

ask sheela murthy

:D ask murthy. she will say USCIS gave indian guys more time to find suitable bride and marry before they can file 485. This is what she said last year.

mydearcard said:
:D ask murthy. she will say USCIS gave indian guys more time to find suitable bride and marry before they can file 485. This is what she said last year.

abe tu kahan se tapak riya hai auur kiya bol riya hai? haan?

translation: where did you come from and what are you saying?
lost in translation: non-sequiturs are good

Last edited by a moderator:
Re-use priority date

Can someone please clarify for me.
Have an approved PERM and I140 and I have a priority date of July 01 from
an earlier unapproved labor. Can I use this to file AOS?

Thanks in advance

mattkaya said:
Can someone please clarify for me.
Have an approved PERM and I140 and I have a priority date of July 01 from
an earlier unapproved labor. Can I use this to file AOS?

Thanks in advance
If your july 2001 labor approved then you can change PD and apply AOS

AC21 -Simliar Job Still Denied

GC dreamer 2006-

It was a similar job that I moved to, sent AC21 documentation to Uscis..they never applied it to my I485 case and they denied it. They have NO WAY of accepting or applying AC21 to your I485 they do not even send u acknowledgement or receipt for AC21..this is the risk with AC21.

I had my I485 reopened by resubmitting the same AC21 documentation..I feel like at the end of crude outdated system...they just want to milk u for all your worth EAD/Parole fees, pay taxes on H1B, we are a huge chunk of their income once we get our GC, it is lost so keeping us waiting and paying fees..seems to be their approach. :mad:

desp_gc said:
GC dreamer 2006-

It was a similar job that I moved to, sent AC21 documentation to Uscis..they never applied it to my I485 case and they denied it. They have NO WAY of accepting or applying AC21 to your I485 they do not even send u acknowledgement or receipt for AC21..this is the risk with AC21.

I had my I485 reopened by resubmitting the same AC21 documentation..I feel like at the end of crude outdated system...they just want to milk u for all your worth EAD/Parole fees, pay taxes on H1B, we are a huge chunk of their income once we get our GC, it is lost so keeping us waiting and paying fees..seems to be their approach. :mad:

dude, you are scaring me,

can you give some more details,

what was ur PD, which country,
did your I-140 revoked by your employer
what was the reason for denial

I really appreciate the info, I changed my job using AC-21 a year ago, I am planning to do it again

message for spulla ..

spulla said:
Thanks for the reply.

If your Job is fairly good, there is no reason to change. The reason I was asking is because I am planning to use AC21 now. My wife also wants to work as well.

I wan't to look for a real job now. I am tired of this situation. I could not do a jack about my career all these years (Living in US for 11 years) because of stupid immigration system. I hate the place where I live and my job. My only concern is that if I change the state would my case be transfered to a local office? Also, how big a deal is that even if it gets transfered? Wondering.

Regards.

spulla,

If you are truly unhappy with your job and your current situation then I think you should use AC-21. In my experience I have seen all sorts of things. Some of my friends changed jobs, never informed USCIS and got their GCs without interview or RFE, some people got a RFE and were approved after replying to it, a few got their cases transferred to the local office and were approved after an interview. It is never a good thing when the case get transferred to a local office. Local offices work on their own time and that can cause delays. However, under the current circumstances it is worth taking a risk if things are indeed unbearable at work.

Good luck with your process.

saras

I thought they would need to submit NOID or RFE's prior to denying cases.
Desp_GC, when I was about to trigger AC21 I consulted a lawyer who advised me to keep checking USCIS.gov online system on weekly basis to make sure I didn't miss any RFE, because sometimes RFE may get submitted to previous lawyer, non-delivered, etc. I guess if AC21 folks adopt that online checking, that would be a way to make the process a little more informative.

desp_gc said:
GC dreamer 2006-

Last edited by a moderator:
saras76 said:
spulla,

If you are truly unhappy with your job and your current situation then I think you should use AC-21. In my experience I have seen all sorts of things. Some of my friends changed jobs, never informed USCIS and got their GCs without interview or RFE, some people got a RFE and were approved after replying to it, a few got their cases transferred to the local office and were approved after an interview. It is never a good thing when the case get transferred to a local office. Local offices work on their own time and that can cause delays. However, under the current circumstances it is worth taking a risk if things are indeed unbearable at work.

Good luck with your process.

saras

Thanks for your input. Appreciate it.

Saras

Saras:

Totally agree with you. My case was converted from EB2 to EB3 by USCIS but my EAD/AP lived on. In fact they renewed it as well. Thats the reason I am apprehensive about using AC21. If they at some point decide to revoke 485 app, I could land in a soup. My lawyer however believes that they would already have done so, if they wanted to. I am not sure who to believe right now. Just getting very ansi about my current job as it offers no growth. I guess the same is true for a lot though. My wife shall make use of EAD as well soon. As you mentioned different reasons..leading to same conclusion...

saras76 said:
dcmetro22042,

I don't want to make excuses but since my PD is August 01 I thought that maybe (just maybe) my PD might become current by the end of 06. Keeping that in mind I did not want to take a risk. However I have started a part-time MBA and my company is paying for part of it so there are other things that I am doing. My plan is to ride this out till I get my MBA and hopefully the GC and the MBA degree will come hand in hand in 2 years or so and then I will move onto another company. Also my wife is on an EAD and has a great job and I don't want to jeapordize that. Abandoning this process is not an option for me NOW because I have already put in 6+ years of my prime working life into it and I cannot justify it. Whats 2 more years when I have been waiting for 6 already :).

The bottom line is that we all have our reasons behind what we do. There is no single solution to all our problems.

cheers,

saras

What is AC21?

dcmetro22042 said:
I do not see EB3 moving much at all until a law is passed that provides a cure. I believe its time to take a risk and use AC21 now for those who have the ability to. I guess I shall start looking into it seriously now.
I am surprised you did not take that route Saras. Why? Wnted to play it safe?