Oct 1 2001 case transferred to Boston Office

priyadev

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My case has been transferred to Boston Local office as per INS website on oct 16 2002. I am the primary applicant. My spouse case is still pending. I am not sure, how long it would take to schedule an interview.

Mine is EB1. Please let me know what kind of documents are needed for personal interview.

priyadev

DO you get RFE? Are you EB-1(a) or EB-1(b)?
Probably you sholud wait to see what the transfer notice says.

priyadev

No RFE. Transfer Case. Called IIO and confirmed. Will get interview from Local INS.

What difference RFE? and Local Transfer?

Why INS issue RFE to certain case and transfer to local office certain case. Don't know.

I am EB1 Extraordinary Ability. Self petitioned.

priyadev

you will have to take all the proof of your EB1 category. Like your evalutions documents publication to prove your extra ordinary ability or the ability of national interst.

priyadev - would love to meet you some day

I dont know many people with extraordinary abilities. :)

Difference between RFE and Local transfer

- RFE is request for further evidence, that is, INS does not have enough information and is requesting more information from you before it approves your I-485
Reasons for RFE could be ...
paystubs, W2 forms, Change of employment, incomplete Medical reports and the list goes on ....

- Local transfer could be cos there are people like me who just want to see and chat with people of extraordinary abilities. :)
ok kidding ... I know some cases esp from Baltimore where the applicant is called to a local INS office ... a quick interview ..some documents ... and then you get approved

You are not alone. My case was also transfered to the Bosoton office on 10/16. Here're the details:

PD 12/04/00
RD 09/04/01
ND 11/06/01
FP 12/28/01
EB1 (Alien with Extraordinary Abilities)

Called my lawyer yesterday and he was surprised to hear this since he was expecting my case to be the easist one (single, no crime history, no job change, no address change, etc.) He also mentioned that it might take 3-6 months for them to schedule an interview :(

Seawolf, maybe you are not qualified for EB1? Why haven't you tried EB2
NIW? What's your profession? What's your major?

Seawolf, are you a professor or work for national lab? The only EB1 case I heard approved are professors or scientists. If you are not a professor, just a postdoc,
you should try EB2 NIW for safety. We all know how many postdocs are out there, and how many are really extraordinary.

But anyway, good luck of your interview.
:D

Once your I-140 is approved, does it matter whether it is EB 1 or EB 2/NIW ? Adjustment of Status should not bother how your I-140 is approved or how you are qualified for a particular catagory. Should they ask for all recommendation letters or copy of the publications, I don't think so.

I'm a post doc and my I-140 is based on NIW. I think I'm also qualified for EB1 OR, atleast I can fulfil the requirements of EB 1 OR.

EAD Extended

Went to local office today, extend my EAD to one more year. Waiting for the interview. Let us see

Priyadev

please post your experience if your case transferred to boston local office.

I am yet to receive notice from VSC.

priyadev

my case also was transferred to boston on oct.15, my lawyer received the transfer notice last week. I have talked to my lawyer today, was told it will take several month for an interview, and I do not need prepare any origianl documents for I-140 again. they may asking origianl for I-485, feel much better after talking.

priyadev

did you receive your interview notice, which is your date? mine schedule at the end of march, so frustrated.

received transfer notice and received the interview notice from local boston office. interview is in March last week.

my spouse case, no reply from INS?

spoke to IIO, she said, my spouse's file supposed to go with mine.. but she will make sure something will be done.. even after a week same old message.. not able to speak to IIO due to heavy incoming calls to VSC.

so wait goes..