• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

OC DV Applicants and winners

Have you won or still applying? OC ONLY

• Won it

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Didnt win (less then 3 times)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Didn't win (over 3 times)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

floppyjb

Hello,

I am interested in applying next year, as a matter of interest and a general survey, how many of you have won and how many of you have been applying for a few years with little success?

I have really heard of a high success rate, how many of you haven't had much luck in the OC region, particularly Australia.

Year 1 = No success
Year 2 = Won.

We have one OCer who applied for 13 years (from memory) before she won.

From what I have seen, the statistics for OC are around 1 in 10 chance of winning from Wikipedia listing the entrants vs successful applicants.

Going to apply this year and hope to of won by the time I finish my degree (2020)

And you double your chances if you enter as a couple. We both entered individually hoping that one of us would win.

Yes, I am only 18 so can't enter as a couple as I'm not married lol.

I'm hoping I might get some beginners luck along with intense hope and delusional thoughts that I will in fact win the 2018 DV.

You never know your luck! 2017 was the first year I applied and I won. You may have already considered this, but your survey is likely to be skewed as people who didn't win aren't likely to check into the forum all that often. Good luck for 2018! :)

You never know your luck! 2017 was the first year I applied and I won. You may have already considered this, but your survey is likely to be skewed as people who didn't win aren't likely to check into the forum all that often. Good luck for 2018! :)

Thank you for your kind words, I hear a lot of stories like yours winning first time. I am putting all my positive energy towards a win, that and hope is all you can do right?

Yes I realize the survey will be skewed. Just wanted to see if anyone here has been trying with no luck at all.

Glad to hear you have won, enjoy and live the dream. :)