Obtaining A Student Visa at a French Consulate/Embassy

If an undocumented college student (overstayed tourist visa), who has
lived in the U.S. for many many years, decides to apply and is admitted
to a university abroad (i.e. France) to pursue long-term studies (e.g.,
bachelors or masters), is it possible to obtain a student visa for that
country's educational institution, even though they are aware that he/she
will be banned from the U.S. for 10 years for leaving the country?

In other words, can an undocumented student apply for and obtain a
student visa for a country abroad (assuming they have been admitted into
that school) in the home country they are considered undocumented in?