"Observation" to correct name on Indian passport

tabaliya

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Here is my situation:

My passport used to have my name as:
Surname: A---
Given name: P---

The correct name should be (since this is how I use it in the US now and it applies to all my docs here - GC, DL, school records, everywhere).

Surname: P---
Given name: A---

I got this corrected in the Indian passport recently through an "Observation" on Page 3 which states:

The name of the passport holder appearing on Page 1 has been corrected to read as:

Since this is not a "name change" as such but simply a re-alignment of the last and first names (often a source of confusion from India), I hope this is sufficient and I don't have to go through a name change to get a new passport book issued. Will this create any problems at the port of entry in US? Anyone with any comments?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

AP

Hi all,

Here is my situation:

My passport used to have my name as:
Surname: A---
Given name: P---

The correct name should be (since this is how I use it in the US now and it applies to all my docs here - GC, DL, school records, everywhere).

I got this corrected in the Indian passport recently through an "Observation" on Page 3 which states:

The name of the passport holder appearing on Page 1 has been corrected to read as:

Since this is not a "name change" as such but simply a re-alignment of the last and first names (often a source of confusion from India), I hope this is sufficient and I don't have to go through a name change to get a new passport book issued. Will this create any problems at the port of entry in US? Anyone with any comments?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

AP

It shouldn't . I am in a similar situation. I called USCIS every time I recieved something from them with the wrong spelling and have proof of it. It was corrected some where along the way yet after my approval it went back to the wrong spelling :rolleyes: I again had to call and had a long conversation with an immigration officer who told me it has been corrected :confused:

Hi could you please let us know what documentation you needed to offer as proof to support the request for the observation?