OATH Timeline for PHILADELPHIA

jeep4sale2007

Registered Users (C)
Please note the below:
My wife had her interview on Aug 6th, 2008 in Philly and Oath is on Oct 2, 2008 in Wilmington, DE

Today, Sept 18th, 2008, my In-laws did their interview also in Philly and were offered to take their oath at the Philadelphia Office 4th Floor on Monday Sept 22nd, 2008. (This is the quickest I have seen for Philadelphia Office).

Good Luck to all in the PHL area....and there is also a nice Indian resturant like 2 - 5ims away called King of Tandoor if your are hungry!!!!!!!! Address is 1824 Callowhil St, Philly, PA 19130

I had my interview on aug 14 2008 and oat h the very next day aug 15 at Calowhill. My wife had her interview on Aug 14 and with a name change has a oath scheduled at the Federal Court on market st on Sept 24. Several people at the oath ceremony on Aug 15 had their interviews the same morning>

?????????????

During your Interview in Philly do you ask to take OATh same day B]

Also give details of how your interview was and what they asked you for.

CONGRATS to you and your wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
During your Interview in Philly do you ask to take OATh same day or sooner?

Also give details of how your interview was and what they asked you for.

CONGRATS to you and your wife.

When you say getting an oath sooner, do you mean sooner than the interview ? :confused::confused:

Schandrag

CONGRATS.....

1) Give details on how your Interview Process in Philly was

2) Also did you ask for same day OATH (oath after interview)

My interview was uneventful. Scheduled at 1020, was called in at 1050. Sworn in, IO went through my N-400 apllication. I was given 10 printed questions for the civics test and asked to write my answers. At the end of the interview IO told me that they had an oath ceremony the next day and asked me whether I could attend. i agreed and was given a letter to appear for the oath the next day at 2 pm. Whole process took 10 minutes.

My wife's interview was also similar. only difference was that she was told that she would get a oath letter in the mail as she was changing her name and it had to be in a court.

I did not make any special request to expedite my oath.

Thats amazing Philly Do is picking up the pace and seems to be improving.

Yeah, right. My background check has completed at the end of May and I'm still waiting for my interview to be scheduled by Philly DO. If it's improving, I don't know by which standards.

Yes, I even exchanged emails with their district director.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got an interview notice with a date of November 21st 2008. I will be leaving for a trip to India on November 22nd 2008(tickets were booked a while back) and will be coming back January 15th 2009.

Can I attend the interview now, travel to India on my Indian passport and do the Oath after I come back in January 2009?

I just got an interview notice with a date of November 21st 2008. I will be leaving for a trip to India on November 22nd 2008(tickets were booked a while back) and will be coming back January 15th 2009.

Can I attend the interview now, travel to India on my Indian passport and do the Oath after I come back in January 2009?

Sure, but you will need to make sure someone checks your mail while you are away and lets you know in case you receive your Oath letter. The point is that you don't want to receive your Oath letter in your absence and just let it lapse. Your application could be jeapordised if you don't respond in time. You will need to submit a timely oath rescheduling request in writing. The other point to keep in mind is that you need to meet continuous residency and presence requirements all the way till oath day. But overall, yes, you can travel between your interview and oath.

Advice on how to find out the status

Hello:

Could someone give me some advice on how to proceed. My wife had the citizenship interview with a passing result on 08/19/08, but we have not received the note for the Oath yet. We are planning to travel oversea in Dec for her brother's wedding, but we hesitated to make the travel arrangement. We are affraid of the letter could come any day that have a conflict with the travel plan.

Any suggestions? Can I request to change to day of the Oath? Should I make an appointment to ask for the status? I tried to check the status online and on the phone, but it indicated the case# does not exist.

Thanks.

Hi Lamth2001,

Is it at PHILLY DO?

If you are not responding to the oath letter, it could be considered as abandoned. Schedule an infopass, since it is almost 2 1/2 months.

Good Luck,
Sayam.