Oath Letter Tracker for December 2009 Interviews

Interview was on Dec 3rd, three days before 5 year anniversary. Was given a letter saying decision cannot be made at this time. Took an infopass for Jan 4th and was told by IO that the application was approved only on Dec 29th and to give a "few more days" for the oath letter. So I guess I am looking at a February oath. Wish I had applied 1 week later ... would have walked out with an oath letter for Dec 17th oath ;) ... sometimes the faster you try to go the slower you get there!

I can feel your pain brother!:) I am in the same boat.

Why was the application approved on Dec29th when your ID was Dec3rd? The printed doc showing the results of your interview, is it not the same as an approval doc? On the bright side...there is an end in sight.

Cheers,
speedy

Congrats Voda!! Unca "Sam"ta was a bit late....but he did not forget to drop down your chimney:D

When is the OD?

Cheers,
speedy

OD 1/21/10. I believe you'll get your OL soon!

My wife passed her interview today and was told that she won't be able to have the same OD as mine. Milwaukee offers Oath to 6 people at a time and 1/21 has already been filled.

To awaitingOL: my online status still says Sent to local DO for standard interview and LUD is not updated either. Looks like local DO sent me the OL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for the Oath Letter, got N652 though - decision cannot be made. So, little worried. It seems it takes around 3-4 weeks to get it.

Me too. Had my interview on 12/03 in NYC, still waiting for Oath letter.

Update: Still waiting. Scheduled an infopass for jan 14, so I hope at least they'll tell me what's taking so long (according to my IO, there was no problem with my app, and I was suggested for approval)

Update: Still waiting. Scheduled an infopass for jan 14, so I hope at least they'll tell me what's taking so long (according to my IO, there was no problem with my app, and I was suggested for approval)

LOL! Another update- JUST GOT THE LETTER... like 3 hours after I posted! OD Jan 22! I'm so happy!! :D

FINALLY!!!!!!!
I got my Oath letter today, it will be held on 01/20/10 in White Plains NY. My interview was was on 12/7/09 at Federal Plaza.
Thanks to all who support this forum and his/her advices.

Bless to all,

It will be 4 weeks soon since we (both me and my wife) had our interviews.

Should I try to get an infopass to find out whats going on with the OL?? or wait for some more time?
(I am in no particular hurry since I am not travelling any time soon.....but just want to do my due diligence)

Cheers,
speedy

It will be 4 weeks soon since we (both me and my wife) had our interviews.

Should I try to get an infopass to find out whats going on with the OL?? or wait for some more time?
(I am in no particular hurry since I am not travelling any time soon.....but just want to do my due diligence)

Cheers,
speedy

Speedy,

I think it's no harm to do an infopass if you live pretty close to Charlotte. I wouldn't do an infopass since I live 2 hours away from my DO.

Wish you all the best!

Speedy,

I think it's no harm to do an infopass if you live pretty close to Charlotte. I wouldn't do an infopass since I live 2 hours away from my DO.

Wish you all the best!

Thanks Voda. I was thinking of giving it this week then try doing the infopass. I live close by to the USCIS office in Charlotte.

cheers,
speedy

Oath letter

Have you received your Oath letter yet.Not for me yet.I wrote letter to my local DO and they told me that the Oath they have on 1/22 is fully booked but they did not tell me that I am scheduled for the in February which is on 19th.They told me I will get letter about 30 days prior to Oath date which means if I don't get Oath letter by Tuesday the 19th February than my Oath won't be until March..Honestly I have stopped checking mail.

Let me know where you are at ? good luck.

Have you received your Oath letter yet.Not for me yet.I wrote letter to my local DO and they told me that the Oath they have on 1/22 is fully booked but they did not tell me that I am scheduled for the in February which is on 19th.They told me I will get letter about 30 days prior to Oath date which means if I don't get Oath letter by Tuesday the 19th February than my Oath won't be until March..Honestly I have stopped checking mail.

Let me know where you are at ? good luck.

Please provide more info like what DO, when did you interview etc. Mine is Charlotte DO and my interview was on Dec 3rd. Stil havent got it. Can you elaborate more on "I wrote a letter to my local DO" ... who did you address it to ? just USCIS or did you address it to your interviewing officer ? Did they reply back by mail ? .. Thanks.

Name-Change case :: Waiting for Oath letter
Fairfax, VA
GC date - 12/01/04
filed N-400 Sept 14 2009
Interview for spouse and me: Dec 2 09
Spouse Oath: Jan 6th
Self - requested shortening of name - hence court process
awaiting oath letter ...
Now waiting for USCIS to sing ..kaboothar ja ja ja :)