Oath Letter Tracker for December 2009 Interviews

Congratulation Dude! Atleast now I can be hopefull that there is certainly and end to this waiting game. Going by the 5 month standard, my interview is likely to be in early March (since my n-400 recv. date is sept30).

I stll plan to go for my infopass on Jan28th (unless I get the OL before that...which seems highly unlikely).

I will see you on the other side......Njoy:D

Cheers,
speedy

At least it isn't 8 months that I have been waiting so far and still no oath letter. Of course, my ID was on December 29th. So I won't be surprised it would be close to the actual 120 days until I hear something.

Memphis DO here by the way.

Sent the docs in May 09
FP 7/22/09
YL 8/1/09
ID 12/29/09
OL x/x/x
OC x/x/x

Last edited by a moderator:
At least it isn't 8 months that I have been waiting so far and still no oath letter. Of course, my ID was on December 29th. So I won't be surprised it would be close to the actual 120 days until I hear something.

During the interview, did the IO recommend your case for approval or did not make any decision at all? If it is the later, what was the reason the IO gave during the interview for not making any decision?

During the interview, did the IO recommend your case for approval or did not make any decision at all? If it is the later, what was the reason the IO gave during the interview for not making any decision?

Recommended for approval.

Good News ... Got my OATH letter today. Oath is on Feb 17th ... they sure made me wait exactly 5 months since I filed on Sept 17th !
Interestingly the oath letter was mailed from NBC on Jan 19th ... I was expecting it from Charlotte DO ... Another interesting thing was that my application was approved exactly 3 weeks from when I completed 5-years and the oath letter was mailed exactly 3 weeks from the approval date.

So SPEEDY1027 ... expect yours within the next couple of weeks :)

Hey dude....I got my OL today. Oath date is Feb17th as well. Looks like mine is 4 and half month standard or whatever;)

Anyways, I got my OL, but still waiting for my wife's OL

Cheers,
speedy

HappyVoda: Please tell us the details about your oath today :) . Hope it went well. Good Luck!
Thanks

First of all, I'm a proud USC now!!!

My scheduled Oath time on the OL was 10AM 1/21. I arrived at Milwaukee Federal District Court at 9:45AM. It took me about 15min to go through the security check line before I could enter the building and waited another 1 hour to check in. There were about 73 new citizens. We read the Oath of Allegiance, listened to the Judge talking about freedom for about 45 minutes and finally got the certificate. You know, after all the waitings (H-1B, Labor certificate, EADs, green card,...), waiting on the line to take the Oath is piece of a cake.

Good luck to you all.

Good News ... Got my OATH letter today. Oath is on Feb 17th ... they sure made me wait exactly 5 months since I filed on Sept 17th !
Interestingly the oath letter was mailed from NBC on Jan 19th ... I was expecting it from Charlotte DO ... Another interesting thing was that my application was approved exactly 3 weeks from when I completed 5-years and the oath letter was mailed exactly 3 weeks from the approval date.

Congrats. Seems USCIS kept their promise of 5 months for you.

How can you know when your case was approved? Don't remember there is approval date on oath letter

Congrats Speedy! Is it at 12:30 pm on 17th ?

And WBH I found the approval date from Infopass.

Yup @12.30pm on the 17th. If you want me to recognize you and talk to you.....then better make sure you come dressed in big/bright stars and stripes from head to toe (with a matching Abe Lincoln hat and goatee) and a bald eagle (even if its a fake one) perched on top of your shoulder:):D:D

That would be a sight to see :):D

My scheduled Oath time on the OL was 10AM 1/21. I arrived at Milwaukee Federal District Court at 9:45AM. It took me about 15min to go through the security check line before I could enter the building and waited another 1 hour to check in. There were about 73 new citizens. We read the Oath of Allegiance, listened to the Judge talking about freedom for about 45 minutes and finally got the certificate. You know, after all the waitings (H-1B, Labor certificate, EADs, green card,...), waiting on the line to take the Oath is piece of a cake.

Good luck to you all.

Congratulations Big! to you Voda!

One thing that I don't understand is....why do people always say "I'm a proud USC now!!!" ??
1) Is the pride because you fought hard and long against USCIS and eventually came to long hiatus which seems like a victory?
2) Were you less proud when you were a non-USC?
3) We all came to this point of becoming a USC for "life, libery and pursuit of happiness" (whereever we came from). By becomming a USC, we are attaining that goal (for now...the way world order stands today). Thats pretty much it. What is there to be proud about?? In fact shouldn't we be feeling "humble" on becoming a USC (since in a way we are all cutting links with our previous mother ships)??

Pls.I am not trying to be sarcastic....just feeling grumpy today and want to vent it out!!:mad:

Anyways, enjoy your new found freedom....until its time to pay the taxes :D

Cheers,
speedy

Good luck to you all.

Contgrats! Happyvoda

Do you know how often Milwaukee DO holds oath ceremony and the schedule date of next oath. I'm waiting for my oath and my DO is also Milwaukee. I appreciate your quick response. Thanks.

Contgrats! Happyvoda

Do you know how often Milwaukee DO holds oath ceremony and the schedule date of next oath. I'm waiting for my oath and my DO is also Milwaukee. I appreciate your quick response. Thanks.

I'm not sure. I remember someone said that Milwaukee has Oath ceremony twice a month. On the day for my ceremony, there were two sessions: one at 8AM and the 2nd one at 10AM.

My wife passed her interview on Jan 4th and is still waiting for the OL. What is your timeline?

Congratulations Big! to you Voda!

One thing that I don't understand is....why do people always say "I'm a proud USC now!!!" ??
1) Is the pride because you fought hard and long against USCIS and eventually came to long hiatus which seems like a victory?
2) Were you less proud when you were a non-USC?
3) We all came to this point of becoming a USC for "life, libery and pursuit of happiness" (whereever we came from). By becomming a USC, we are attaining that goal (for now...the way world order stands today). Thats pretty much it. What is there to be proud about?? In fact shouldn't we be feeling "humble" on becoming a USC (since in a way we are all cutting links with our previous mother ships)??

Pls.I am not trying to be sarcastic....just feeling grumpy today and want to vent it out!!:mad:

Anyways, enjoy your new found freedom....until its time to pay the taxes :D

Cheers,
speedy

It's probably more of happy than proud as I'm done with USCIS.

By the way, I usually do tax on January if Uncle Sam owes me and do it on April 15th when I owe a penny or more :D

It's probably more of happy than proud as I'm done with USCIS.

By the way, I usually do tax on January if Uncle Sam owes me and do it on April 15th when I owes a penny or more :D

There you go:D.....spoken like a true and proud American:D:)

Cheers,
speedy

I'm not sure. I remember someone said that Milwaukee has Oath ceremony twice a month. On the day for my ceremony, there were two sessions: one at 8AM and the 2nd one at 10AM.

My wife passed her interview on Jan 4th and is still waiting for the OL. What is your timeline?

Thanks! I was interviewed on Jan 5th so just a day after your wife's interview. Please let me know when your wife recieve Oath letter and I will do the same. By the way I did passed the interview and recieved "recommended for approval" letter right after interview.

Yup @12.30pm on the 17th. If you want me to recognize you and talk to you.....then better make sure you come dressed in big/bright stars and stripes from head to toe (with a matching Abe Lincoln hat and goatee) and a bald eagle (even if its a fake one) perched on top of your shoulder:):D:D

That would be a sight to see :):D

I sure can dress up like that ... if you can guarantee that I won't be kicked out of the ceremony for improper attire ;)
Has you wife got the oath letter yet ?

I sure can dress up like that ... if you can guarantee that I won't be kicked out of the ceremony for improper attire ;)
Has you wife got the oath letter yet ?

No she hasn't gotten it yet. My only concern is 'what if the USPS lost it':confused: Anyways she has an infopass coming up on Feb4th.

Cheers,
speedy

Got my OL today! It snowed about 10 inches and I didn't think the mail will be coming. But to my surprise and joy, the mail ran and brought some great news!:)

My ID was 12/29, OL received 1/30, and OD is 2/25. All about a month a part.