Oath Letter Tracker for December 2009 Interviews

Please provide more info like what DO, when did you interview etc. Mine is Charlotte DO and my interview was on Dec 3rd. Stil havent got it. Can you elaborate more on "I wrote a letter to my local DO" ... who did you address it to ? just USCIS or did you address it to your interviewing officer ? Did they reply back by mail ? .. Thanks.

nc2004gc,
Do you think writing a letter would elicit some answer about the status when they haven't told you whats going on in an infopass??
(pls. I am not trying to be negative or sarcastic....but just talking out aloud...about the effectiveness of this approach)

Cheers,
speedy

what is your DO pulchowk, because the oath taking dates that you mention is same as my DO jan 22 and feb 19, i just wanna track my december interview

nc2004gc,
Do you think writing a letter would elicit some answer about the status when they haven't told you whats going on in an infopass??
(pls. I am not trying to be negative or sarcastic....but just talking out aloud...about the effectiveness of this approach)

Cheers,
speedy

I was curious about the resourcefulness of Pulchowk and to understand the mechanics of his/her approach (I bet you
would'nt have thought of writing a letter ?). Wanted to know if USCIS is in the business of replying back by mail to
individual's query by mail !

As to effectiveness, depends on Pulchowk's answer. If he wrote directly to his interviewing officer and got a reply
back from him/her, then I would assume that could have more info than some random person manning an infopass counter.
It could also bring the interviewing officers attention to your file ... in case it has been sitting idle somewhere.

Anyways Charlotte DO is beginning to suck ... if it takes them only 15 mins to get supervisory approval, schedule you and print
and hand you the oath letter ... why are we waiting weeks ! ... maybe they need to re-read that memo about active case management.

My next option is either another infopass or congressman Mel Watt.

What about you ? Taking infopass anytime soon ? ... that way I could also get some updates vicariously through you ;)
... so step on it .... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was curious about the resourcefulness of Pulchowk and to understand the mechanics of his/her approach (I bet you
would'nt have thought of writing a letter ?). Wanted to know if USCIS is in the business of replying back by mail to
individual's query by mail !

As to effectiveness, depends on Pulchowk's answer. If he wrote directly to his interviewing officer and got a reply
back from him/her, then I would assume that could have more info than some random person manning an infopass counter.
It could also bring the interviewing officers attention to your file ... in case it has been sitting idle somewhere.

Anyways Charlotte DO is beginning to suck ... if it takes them only 15 mins to get supervisory approval, schedule you and print
and hand you the oath letter ... why are we waiting weeks ! ... maybe they need to re-read that memo about active case management.

My next option is either another infopass or congressman Mel Watt.

What about you ? Taking infopass anytime soon ? ... that way I could also get some updates vicariously through you ;)
... so step on it .... :)

All good points!

In fact I did write a letter to the Charlotte, DO regarding my interview (we have a 5 month old baby and did not know if time would be sufficient between mine and my wife's interviews). I did not get a reply back....but my interview got postponed by 3 days (it may or may not have been because of my letter to USCIS). It still ended up 3 days short of my GC anniv. date:(

Anyways, coming to the present, I did take an infopass for 01/28. Will keep you posted, if you haven't receveid your OL by then.

Also, my understanding is that they have 120 days to take 'any' action....which would be until Apr'10. So, before that any of our antics may or may not yield any results. But still.....just keep praying

Cheers,
speedy

Hi Folks,

I picked up my Oath letter from my local DO yesterday. My congressman's office made it happen. I have Oath ceremony on Friday 1/22.Thank you all for your guidance and well wishes during this journey.

Hi Folks,

I picked up my Oath letter from my local DO yesterday. My congressman's office made it happen. I have Oath ceremony on Friday 1/22.Thank you all for your guidance and well wishes during this journey.

Could you please throw some more light no your case....like:
1) How many days did you wait before contacting your congressman?
2) Did you send them a mail or letter?
3) How many days did it take after you contacted the congressman's office for you to get the ok to pick up the OL?

Thanks,
speedy

Hello!!!!!!I had the Oath Ceremony today at 2 pm. I am done!!!! It was great experience. Blessing to all.

Hi Folks,

If you don't mind my asking, why did they delay your oath after interview? Also, how long did you wait before contacting your local Congressman and how quick did they respond after you contacted local Congressman? Your feedback helps a lot. Thanks.

interview was on dec15th and was approved! Waiting for oath letter.there is one on 1/22/10 but i am pretty sure they won't put me on that. Machester ,nh do makes you wait until 120 days

picked my oath letter on 1/19/10 from local do and the oath is tomorrow 1/22/10.my congresman's office made it happen. Thanks to them..otherwise i would be waiting until march.

picked my oath letter on 1/19/10 from local do and the oath is tomorrow 1/22/10.my congresman's office made it happen. Thanks to them..otherwise i would be waiting until march.

Looks like pulchowk does not want to throw more light on how he/she proceeded to reach this stage(ie., answer either mine or spiderman's questions from posts above).

nc2004gc, spidey (in your opinion) how many days after the ID would be a good time to approach the congressman's office?
(I am seeking your opinion, since only we 3 (that I know of) seem to be in that limbo ....and pulchowk's approach seemed to work...atleaset in his case).

Also, out of the two here in Charlotte how do I know who my congressman/woman is? is it M. Watt or S.Myrick?
(I have no clue what cong. district I fall under)
How to contact them? email/letter/personal appt/snail mail or by sending a note tied to a pigeon's foot:D

Cheers,
speedy

Had an infopass appointment y'day (20-Jan) which was of no use. They said they have no further updates. Any suggestions please??

Looks like pulchowk does not want to throw more light on how he/she proceeded to reach this stage(ie., answer either mine or spiderman's questions from posts above).

nc2004gc, spidey (in your opinion) how many days after the ID would be a good time to approach the congressman's office?
(I am seeking your opinion, since only we 3 (that I know of) seem to be in that limbo ....and pulchowk's approach seemed to work...atleaset in his case).

Also, out of the two here in Charlotte how do I know who my congressman/woman is? is it M. Watt or S.Myrick?
(I have no clue what cong. district I fall under)
How to contact them? email/letter/personal appt/snail mail or by sending a note tied to a pigeon's foot:D

Cheers,
speedy

Yup, Twitter seems like a better place for Pulchowk to give updates so that he can keep his messages to 140 charcters or less ... sorry ... I could'nt resist taking a shot.

To answer your questions ... I am pretty sure when you go for the infopass you will come to know of the actual date when your application was approved. If you are not in a hurry I would give it 4 weeks from that date or a couple of weeks before the 5 month processing time is up based on when you filed.
To find your congressman you have to use your 5+4 = 9 digit zipcode ... which can be found at usps website -> Find a zip code and enter your street number. Use that to find your congressman. Senators should be easy enough.

Anyways since its coming to be almost 2 months for me and I know that they have approved mine on Dec 29th, I mailed a letter yesterday addressed to my interviewing office. I also emailed my Congressman yesterday, but no response so far. Today I faxed the relevant info to the fax# I found for Senator Kay Hagan's Greensboro office. I'll wait till the middle of next week for any response and and then start calling the Congressman/Senator's phone#'s.

Yup, Twitter seems like a better place for Pulchowk to give updates so that he can keep his messages to 140 charcters or less ... sorry ... I could'nt resist taking a shot.

To answer your questions ... I am pretty sure when you go for the infopass you will come to know of the actual date when your application was approved. If you are not in a hurry I would give it 4 weeks from that date or a couple of weeks before the 5 month processing time is up based on when you filed.
To find your congressman you have to use your 5+4 = 9 digit zipcode ... which can be found at usps website -> Find a zip code and enter your street number. Use that to find your congressman. Senators should be easy enough.

Anyways since its coming to be almost 2 months for me and I know that they have approved mine on Dec 29th, I mailed a letter yesterday addressed to my interviewing office. I also emailed my Congressman yesterday, but no response so far. Today I faxed the relevant info to the fax# I found for Senator Kay Hagan's Greensboro office. I'll wait till the middle of next week for any response and and then start calling the Congressman/Senator's phone#'s.

What is this 5 month processing time that you mentioned above? Is USCIS supposed to complete the processing with in 5 month period (from the date when they recvd my n-400)??

BTW, when I go for my infopass, who would I be meeting with? Is it the IO who interviewed me? or just some random USCIS rep who's gonna tell me what I already know?

cheers,
speedy

What is this 5 month processing time that you mentioned above? Is USCIS supposed to complete the processing with in 5 month period (from the date when they recvd my n-400)??

BTW, when I go for my infopass, who would I be meeting with? Is it the IO who interviewed me? or just some random USCIS rep who's gonna tell me what I already know?

cheers,
speedy

The infopass receptionist have access to computer system so they know more than you know. In my exprences, the infopass staff have the same access to as second level office at 1-800-375-5283.

The infopass receptionist have access to computer system so they know more than you know. In my exprences, the infopass staff have the same access to as second level office at 1-800-375-5283.

Thank you for the info. Hopefully, I will atleast get to know if my application has been approved or not.

Cheers,
speedy

Guys,
120 days waiting is a legal requirement to file lawsuit in federal court. Nothing stops us from keep trying to get our petition processed in the mean time. That is why I contacted local senator's office as soon as my interview was done successfully. I plan to call 800 number starting next week, then Infopass and also write a letter to the IO who interviewed me. The IO told me that she need to wait 15 days before putting a final request for my A# file, as per the rules. If nothing happens after that, the file is declared lost and she will proceed with th T# file created. So, I want to remind her about my case in 15 days from now so that she will finish that formality of sending the final request for my A# file. I also contacted a good lawyer and we came to an understanding that I will retain his services after waiting for 30 days.

cheers,
speedy

5 months is the processing time goal set for naturalization applications by USCIS when they jacked up the fees - not legally binding - but enough to bring it to your congressman/senator's attention . Also the Ombudsman website says

When Should I Submit a Case Problem to CIS Ombudsman?
•Your case experienced processing delays beyond anticipated processing times;
•Have not received a response or resolution within the anticipated time frames as published by USCIS.

LOL ... I just typed this up and went to check what the current processing time for Charlotte is ... one link of uscis shows that as of Jan 15th for N-400 they are processing July 03, 2009 ... another link says 5 months.

Does anyone know whether the 120 day rule only applies to USCIS rendering a decision of approved/denied without regard to when the oath gets scheduled ? or does that mean even the oath has to be done before 120 days are up. If it is the former then its useless for those where a decision has been made but put on the backburner for oath.

Greets to everybody, I got my Passport and Passport card today. Let me summarize my time line for you guys to have an idea how NYC is doing.

09-14-09 : N400 delivered to Texas
10-02-09 : PF done
12-07-09: ID Passed Federal Plaza ( I didn't get oath letter same day, 5 days prior to 5 years 12-12-04)
01-20-10: Oath Ceremony in White Plains, NY
01-21-10: Passport book and card application at Passport Agency (Hudson St. NYC)
01-22-10: Passport book and card picked up
01-23-10: Traveling outside of the US, 1st trip since I moved to US (02-10-1996)

I am really grateful for this site and its moderators and users. I want to say THAN YOU to all of you for your comments, suggestions,opinions and general help/assistance. Good luck to all the petitioners who are waiting for theirs benefit. MODERATORS: THANK YOU!

Good News ... Got my OATH letter today. Oath is on Feb 17th ... they sure made me wait exactly 5 months since I filed on Sept 17th !
Interestingly the oath letter was mailed from NBC on Jan 19th ... I was expecting it from Charlotte DO ... Another interesting thing was that my application was approved exactly 3 weeks from when I completed 5-years and the oath letter was mailed exactly 3 weeks from the approval date.

So SPEEDY1027 ... expect yours within the next couple of weeks :)