Oath Letter anyone?

sjadad4244a

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I are residents of Washington DC and have to go through judicial oath at a district court. We were interviewed on 07/09/08 and were told to wait for the oath letter. They could not provide any timing, subsequent inquiries only confirmed that we are in the queue to be scheduled for oath and that the DO has asked for more DC dates.

Anyone in a similar situation?

Oath Letter Taking Too Long?! Cleveland/Toledo

I was wondering if it was normal for an oath letter to take almost 3 months now?? I passed my interview in Cleveland on 5/15 and my oath ceremony was supposed to be in Toledo. I was reading on the site that some people had their interviews in June and July and already got their oath letters for Aug 15 (Toledo). I'm getting real worried...:(

Oath letter timeline

My wife and I are residents of Washington DC and have to go through judicial oath at a district court. We were interviewed on 07/09/08 and were told to wait for the oath letter. They could not provide any timing, subsequent inquiries only confirmed that we are in the queue to be scheduled for oath and that the DO has asked for more DC dates.

Hi, I have been interviewed 7/14 in Fairfax. I have applied at Vermont Center, you? They told me I should receive the Oath letter sometime in August, but I have not received yet. Anyone who has applied at VSC , with interview in July could tell me if you have or when you should receive the letter for the ceremony? and where? Thanks.

I was wondering if it was normal for an oath letter to take almost 3 months now?? I passed my interview in Cleveland on 5/15 and my oath ceremony was supposed to be in Toledo. I was reading on the site that some people had their interviews in June and July and already got their oath letters for Aug 15 (Toledo). I'm getting real worried...:(

I don't think it's normal. I would file an Infopass and find out what is going on with the USCIS oath date. How do you know if they sent you the oath letter and you never received it. Remember, with USCIS sometimes things happen.
:cool:

I don't think it's normal. I would file an Infopass and find out what is going on with the USCIS oath date. How do you know if they sent you the oath letter and you never received it. Remember, with USCIS sometimes things happen.
:cool:

thanks Rick....
I hope that's not the case and the letter got lost :( i just got an infopass for the 18th hope all goes well :)

Someone I know, a DC resident and was interviewed 07/25/08. The oath ceremony took place 9/3/08 at the Downtown US District court in DC. I think they do it once a month for DC residents. The Oath ceremony letter was received around 08/16/08. Hope this helps anyone guessing the timeline and why you cannot be sworn in the same day in VA. The officer said that they have no jurisdiction to swear in DC residents in VA.

The ceremony was great, friends and family are allowed and the whole thing lasted about 3 hrs in total as they take time to check in all the applicants.