Oath ceremony in Baltimore

nyc9605

Hello everyone. I have my oath ceremony scheduled for Thursday 18th Dec 2008 in Baltimore. I have been looking for information regarding how many guests you can bring to the ceremony. Unfortunately my search has been fruitless.:( Does anyone on this forum know the answer:confused: Thanks!:)

Is the ceremony in a court room or some other place? It might depend on the location. In some places, guests are allowed to watch the proceedings via CCTV outside the swearing-in room. I am not sure, so I'll defer to others who have actually attended an oath ceremony.

BTW, when was your interview? I also had an interview at the Baltimore office and am waiting for an oath letter. Could you tell me how long you had to wait after the interview to get the oath letter?

Hello everyone. I have my oath ceremony scheduled for Thursday 18th Dec 2008 in Baltimore. I have been looking for information regarding how many guests you can bring to the ceremony. Unfortunately my search has been fruitless.:( Does anyone on this forum know the answer:confused: Thanks!:)

I had my oath in baltimore fallon plaza building. The room in which oath takes place is pretty big one. I think you can take 4-5 people (with camera). Just take your oath letter and show at the gate.

vik_b

I am just a layman not a lawyer, please treat my comments appropriately

PD July 08
FP Aug 08
IL Oct 08
I and Oath Nov 08

Is the ceremony in a court room or some other place? It might depend on the location. In some places, guests are allowed to watch the proceedings via CCTV outside the swearing-in room. I am not sure, so I'll defer to others who have actually attended an oath ceremony.

BTW, when was your interview? I also had an interview at the Baltimore office and am waiting for an oath letter. Could you tell me how long you had to wait after the interview to get the oath letter?

Jlee

My interview was on Nov 18th. I got the Oath letter in the mail yesterday and it was dated Dec 8th. I'm pretty impressed with the response. With USCIS I was expecting a few months wait:rolleyes:

Thank you and congratulations! It certainly gives me hope. The IO told me that I would get an oath letter in a month, probably sooner. That roughly corresponds to your timeline.

I had my oath in baltimore fallon plaza building. The room in which oath takes place is pretty big one. I think you can take 4-5 people (with camera). Just take your oath letter and show at the gate.

vik_b

I am just a layman not a lawyer, please treat my comments appropriately

PD July 08
FP Aug 08
IL Oct 08
I and Oath Nov 08

Thanks vik_b! That's awesome cause I have about 4 ppl who want to go with me:)

As far as I know, Baltimore administers oaths on the same day, unless your interview is in the afternoon, which might be too late for same-day oath ceremonies. My case is different, because I requested a name change during the interview, and the IO told me that I had to wait for a judicial oath ceremony.

i have Interview on Jan 13 @ 9am.. is there a possibilty to get oath taken same day?

I think Baltimore office tries to get oath on the same day. My take is if you get interviewed before noonish (is this a word :) ) you have a chance to get in the oath.

I had my interview scheduled at 11:20am and I reached at 9:00am hoping to get in early. My name was actaully called out earlier than 11:20am, But I was in restroom -)) . Any ways it may not be a bad idea to go early. Worst case scenario you have to wait, best case you get in early.

vik_b

I am a layman not a lawyer please treat my comments appropriately.

my citizenship nightmare!!! please help

i have filled for N400 in Oct 2006 based on 5yr GC period. I originally got GC by getting married (2001) to a US citizen but then we got divorced back in (2005). I also got 3 records (1, driving with influence (dissmissed). 2, & 3 A & B but both dissmissed. one with a pre trial probation and the 2nd one just dismissed.
by the way i moved from MA to MD on 10th aug 2008.

i finally got N400 interview letter dated nov 10 2008 in Boston which i passed and got the letter says "congrats ur application is been recomended for final approval"

i then got an oath letter on Dec 2 2008 at my baltimore address stating that i am schedueld for oath on dec 12 2008. ( i was so happy ) but here is the nightmare:eek:
i got another letter dated Dec 5 2008 stating "due to unforseen circumstances the oath ceremony for the above applicant has been descheduled.....i was pissed... but i went to the oath (today) dec 12 2008 anyway..thought i might get lucky..ohh i was WRONG !!!!
i was taken to a different officer and told that my file has been requested by the Portland, MAINE's office and the baltimore office cant move forward untill Maine office returns the file.....

SOOO!! here is the question....? i have never been to Maine or know anyone for that account from maine. CAN ANYONE SPREAD SOME LIGHT ON POSSIBLE REASONS FOR THIS RESPONSE FROM THE USCIS BALTIMORE OFFICE......

i been reading this blog for a year or so and i know that i can find good response,
thanks all
frank
farhan0319@hotmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like there was a mix up somewhere perhaps linking your A# with someone elses, or your convictions triggered an audit by Maine investigational branch. Another possibility is that officer mistook MA to mean Main and not Massachusetts (perhaps Mass office had requested your file).USCIS should be able to shed more light on why the file was requested by Maine.

they specifically said portland, Maine.....i am surprised why would any investigation would start after i was given an oath letter already and when i disclosed all on my interview date....i am very puzzled now...
and when i called my lawyer...he got real nasty with me saying that there is nothing like that i should worry about and started calling the USCIS staff nitwittss....

i have filled for N400 in Oct 2006 based on 5yr GC period. I originally got GC by getting married (2001) to a US citizen but then we got divorced back in (2005). I also got 3 records (1, driving with influence (dissmissed). 2, & 3 A & B but both dissmissed. one with a pre trial probation and the 2nd one just dismissed.
by the way i moved from MA to MD on 10th aug 2008.

i finally got N400 interview letter dated nov 10 2008 in Boston which i passed and got the letter says "congrats ur application is been recomended for final approval"

i then got an oath letter on Dec 2 2008 at my baltimore address stating that i am schedueld for oath on dec 12 2008. ( i was so happy ) but here is the nightmare:eek:
i got another letter dated Dec 5 2008 stating "due to unforseen circumstances the oath ceremony for the above applicant has been descheduled.....i was pissed... but i went to the oath (today) dec 12 2008 anyway..thought i might get lucky..ohh i was WRONG !!!!
i was taken to a different officer and told that my file has been requested by the Portland, MAINE's office and the baltimore office cant move forward untill Maine office returns the file.....

SOOO!! here is the question....? i have never been to Maine or know anyone for that account from maine. CAN ANYONE SPREAD SOME LIGHT ON POSSIBLE REASONS FOR THIS RESPONSE FROM THE USCIS BALTIMORE OFFICE......

i been reading this blog for a year or so and i know that i can find good response,
thanks all
frank
farhan0319@hotmail.com

i am waiting for some replies to why this has happened to me
could it be that they started a secondary review even after approving my case....

help help help:eek::eek:

USCIS may sometimes conduct review after interview and oath letter. Did anything else happen to you during the process?

USCIS may sometimes conduct review after interview and oath letter. Did anything else happen to you during the process?

No!! nothing else...only other thing i can think of is that i changed my job to a different job after the interview...can that make a difference. i didnt have a job inbetween for a week or so......but other than that. i provided them with all the court docket sheets (mentioning dismissed) on my interview.

i am ver puzzled of why would they deschedule my oath 3 days after they send me an oath letter and then when i go their, i was told that my file has been requested by the Portland , MAINE office.....what the heck is in Maine. i never even been there...

anyone !!!! been through such tangling situation

Hi All,

I have received my Finger print letter schedule to @12/26/2008. I have a question.
Can I take test (US CIVCS& History) on the same day?

Can somebody give me your interview experience @ Baltimore office please?

Thanks

interview experience @ Baltimore

Can you please tell us your interview experience @ Baltimore please?

Thanks