OATH CEREMONY CANCELLED AFTER THEY SEND YOU A SCHEDULE DAY

gachi26ar

hello, i receive a letter from uscis saying that i was schedule to do my oath ceremony on february and was dated on January 31, 2019, but i receive another letter the same day that my schedule was cancel as per requested and i did call the 800number and they told me i am at the list but i still concern because i do know why did happend...some can help me?

I have similar issue right now. I got a letter in January that I have an Oath of ceremony in February 2019(this month) and I got another letter like a week later that it was cancelled based on some unforeseen circumstances. I called today the auto message still confirmed that I had an interview on my update. So I decided to speak with a representativeand I was told it was cancelled but the customer rep I spoke with said they do not Have the access to know why it was called. But that I would receive another notification/letter when next a new date is scheduled. It is really confusing. I wish someone can tell what to do and what needs to be done as well.

Well they send me another letter saying the reason was the time of the Oath Ceremony was at 9 am instead of 8 am which was the original letter but the representative said because of the government shutdown, they are having a lot of issues, but definitely I suggest you to call again and confirm!..Good luck to you!

Yes for sure!!!....If you don’t receive it this week, don’t hesitate and call back to get an answer!!!...Same to you!!!!

Thanks a lot! The customer rep I spoke with said she doesn't know why it was cancelled and never gave me a satisfactory answer. She just said I would be notified when a new date is scheduled. I would call again if I don't hear from them this week. Thanks alot!.

hello, i receive a letter from uscis saying that i was schedule to do my oath ceremony on february and was dated on January 31, 2019, but i receive another letter the same day that my schedule was cancel as per requested and i did call the 800number and they told me i am at the list but i still concern because i do know why did happend...some can help me?

If you live in Fairfax VA area, and you had an interview at USCIS Fairfax office please share your timeline with me,
My interview was in 30 Nov 2018 , I wanted to chang my name also.The officer said you should get your oath ceremony letter in next 3-4 weeks and I don’t get any letter yet.
How about your case? And when is next oath ceremony date? Is it just once in a month in fairfax?

Hi. I don't live in VA. However,i guess they will schedule at some point. They usually say 3 weeks but rarely happens. I did my interview in August last year and never got a letter till this year Jan. They descheduled. However,i called yesterday and I was told it has been rescheduled. So,i know they will let you know if there is anything they need you to do before than or they send you a letter for your oath of ceremony. I wish you all the best.

Thank you so much Geebee 0101.I wish you all the best too. It’s very frustrating and hard to wait without any news or update!
Would you please let me know about your case if you got any news?

Hi.
You are welcome. I already did my interview and been called to come for my oath of ceremony. I know how frustrating it can be waiting but when I did not hear from them after the 3 weeks I was told I just tried to take my mind of it because it can be so anxiety induced thinking about it. But they will surely get back to you. I guess with all the shut down and the fact that a lot also applied I guess it may take some time. Hang on in there.. They would notify you when anything is done on your case. Good luck.

i received the same notice here is Phoenix, AZ. It was scheduled for 15th and they send a notice on 1st Feb which i just found today in my mail.

Any update on you guys’ oath ceremony? I live in Kansas City and my oath ceremony was schedule on April 10 but I just received a letter saying they’ve canceled it. So worried.

I understand how you feel. However,they would reschedule a new date soon. The same happened to me but I called after 2 days of the letter for cancellation and the lady I spoke with told me it had been rescheduled. So,you may call them to ask if or when it would be rescheduled.

All the best.