Oath Ceremony and estimated completion date (Merged Threads)

delhi0882

I had my citizenship interview about a month back and i got approved about 2 weeks back; before i was approved my estimated completion date was showing 10/2019 and after i got approved my estimated completion date disappeared..i don't know why this happened and now can not see my estimated completion date in my online account.

Can anyone please help me with why my estimated completion date disappeared and if anyone else has experienced the same thing?

I am still waiting for my oath ceremony date its been more than 1 month now since my interview..can anyone please tell me how long does it take to get oath ceremony date after the interview in TX?

I had my citizenship interview about a month back and i got approved about 2 weeks back; before i was approved my estimated completion date was showing 10/2019 and after i got approved my estimated completion date disappeared..i don't know why this happened and now can not see my estimated completion date in my online account.

Can anyone please help me with why my estimated completion date disappeared and if anyone else has experienced the same thing?

I am still waiting for my oath ceremony date its been more than 1 month now since my interview..can anyone please tell me how long does it take to get oath ceremony date after the interview in TX?
Do a forum search you will see other members waiting for their oath ceremony as well. Maybe that will help you!!

@Jbuff thanks a lot for the reply.

Do you know why my estimated completion date disappeared?
I won't pay too much attention to that online info. 7 months after I took the oath mine kept saying oath ceremony scheduled. Just wait on your letter in the mail.

I got my Oath ceremony scheduled. I have below questions:

1. Can i apply for US passport on the same day and same place of my oath ceremony? I heard that we can apply for US passport at the same place where the oath ceremony happens there are some agencies there. Is that true?
2. What documents do we need to bring for US passport?
3. How soon can we get US passport i heard same day or 3-4 days is that right?

I got my Oath ceremony scheduled. I have below questions:

1. Can i apply for US passport on the same day and same place of my oath ceremony? I heard that we can apply for US passport at the same place where the oath ceremony happens there are some agencies there. Is that true?
2. What documents do we need to bring for US passport?
3. How soon can we get US passport i heard same day or 3-4 days is that right?
1. Depends on where your ceremony is. Some US post offices allow you to apply also some local city hall. Just find out ahead of time.

2. You will need you citizenship certificate. Along with a filled out passport application. You can download the application from online. Also walk with passport pics. Some places take the Pic for you whilst some don't.

3. The people that got it that fast paid for expedited service. Hundreds of dollars VS the $140 fee don't quote me on the exact fee can't really remember it. Plus you'd have to show proof of travel. Eg plane ticket/itenarary.

According to this the fee for expedite is $60, plus the charge for 1-2 day delivery (looks like $16.48 if the site is still accurate for that)
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/hurry.html
Hey sussie expedited is 8 business days or less which in the real world would be almost 2 weeks depending on what day you apply if an agency / or when they actually receive your application id applying by mail. seeing that they don't include weekend days I just went through your link it's $205 for an expedited passport. That's if you go to a government agency. He still wouldn't get it in 3 days or less. The link does t have a price for same day passports with government agency's. It also says you need to show proof of an emergency. Eg death. And just says to call!!

Same day passports or passports in 72 hrs or less. That's when it gets tricky you can use passport services offered by a company that would guarantee you a passport in 3 days. That's where you spend alot of money seeing that you would have to pay their fees on top of the government fees.

Sorry if my previous post was misleading

Can anyone answer that how long before i will see the letter on document tab for my oath ceremony? My online status changed 2 days backs to oath ceremony scheduled but i can not see the oath ceremony letter on my document tab.

Normally takes a few days for documents to update. (Working days, not weekends or holidays.)

Thanks for the information and if i don't get the letter in the mail before my oath date then i can take the printout of the N445 pdf from my documents tab right and it will be accepted at the oath ceremony right?

My online status changed 2 days backs to oath ceremony scheduled but i can not see the oath ceremony letter on my document tab.

Q1: Can anyone answer that how long before i will see the letter on document tab for my oath ceremony?

Q2: If i don't get the letter in the mail before my oath date then i can take the printout of the N445 pdf from my documents tab right and it will be accepted at the oath ceremony right?

You just repeated a question from above that was answered already. What are you expecting, someone to post the exact date and hour you will get the letter?! :rolleyes:

You just repeated a question from above that was answered already. What are you expecting, someone to post the exact date and hour you will get the letter?! :rolleyes:

OP has been creating new threads for most of their citizenship/oat ceremony related questions, while I’ve been merging them to their original thread. Maybe OP will finally get the message when I start deleting in place of merging the threads. I don’t know why they felt a need to create a new thread for a post you already answered which the OP clearly acknowledged! *smh*

I didnt get answer to this question can anyone please answer

If i don't get the letter in the mail before my oath date then i can take the printout of the N445 pdf from my documents tab right and it will be accepted at the oath ceremony right?

OP has been creating new threads for most of their citizenship/oat ceremony related questions, while I’ve been merging them to their original thread. Maybe OP will finally get the message when I start deleting in place of merging the threads. I don’t know why they felt a need to create a new thread for a post you already answered which the OP clearly acknowledged! *smh*

Happening quite often with this OP. And he appears to not acknowledge that.

Can anyone who has already attended the oath ceremony please tell me if they take picture on the day of the oath ceremony? the picture that will be there on your certificate of naturalization or do they use the picture that they took on the day of the interview?

Can anyone who has already attended the oath ceremony please tell me if they take picture on the day of the oath ceremony? the picture that will be there on your certificate of naturalization or do they use the picture that they took on the day of the interview?
The Interviewing Officer takes a Pic with a camera connected to his/her computer.
That's the picture that will be on the certificate.

Atleast that's how it was for me and a few others I know of.

The Interviewing Officer takes a Pic with a camera connected to his/her computer.
That's the picture that will be on the certificate.

Atleast that's how it was for me and a few others I know of.

you mean on the day of the interview right? on my interview date the officer took my picture. that is the pic that is used?

So no picture is taken on the oath ceremony right?