Oath and passport

monster28

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I am getting ready to take my oath for the Canadian citizenship!!! Finally, at the end of one road, and it's been a long one too!

Anyway, here's my question to you: in applying for a Canadian passport, can I do that with no problems from the US? I mean once I get the citizenship card and everything? Has anyone been through this kind of experience?

I have been in the US for about a year now, transferred by my Canadian company. The residency requirement for citizenship was completed before I transferred to the US. Anyone see any problems with me applying for the Canadian passport from the US?

Thank you and best of luck to everyone!

monster

Arre, if you taking the oath, it means you are approved for the passport! Why else you be taking the oath, right? Don't they just mail the passport or ask you to pick it up from so and so location on so and so date? You can go from US to canada and pick it up, right?

Just in case i missed something, here's what, from what i remember the CIC officer telling me, the deal is...

you complete the 1095 days, you file for your citizenship and you are legally ok to leave the country for as long as you want. the only thing you are responsible for is, the CIC correspondence with you since they will be mailing at your canadian address the info on your application status.

first, within a month or 2, you get the letter telling you that your process has started, next 4/6 months later, they tell you whether you were approved or not (the crucial part) and if you are, same letter tells you where and when you come to take the test, after the test you take the oath and next letter tells you where to come to pick the passport, or they mail at home, i'm not sure of this one. 2 months after you get the passport, you can file for the citizenship card.

hope this helps.