June 6 ,2014 Applied for a PhD Student Visa
June 16 ,2014 Application Transferred to IPB ,Wellington
July 16 ,2014 Initial Assessment Completed and some additional documents requested
July 16 ,2014 Additional Documents Sent
September 24,2014 One more document requested
September 24,2014 Document Sent
October 29,2014 I sent a mail to my Immigration Officer to know about the status
October 30,2014 I got a reply from Immigration Officer stating that my Application is undergoing Third party verification and they are verifying my documents.
November 06,2014 Five months over after submitting my application
I have few doubts:
1) What is normal timeframe when an application is transfered to IPB ?
2) What is this Third party verification and how much time it will take?
3) For how many years are we going to get VISA ie. for 3 years or for 1 year?
Thank you for reply...Hi,
Funds required for PhD are
1. Tution Fees.
2. 15000 NZD per year.
3. 700 NZD approx for Administrative fees+Medical insurance.
Property is never considered in funds.
Thank you for reply...
As i dont have sufficient funds for 3 years. can i submit my application with one year tution fee and one year accommodation.
will they process my application ?
Me Syed here (from Pakistan) I have applied for PhD.I want to share my visa application information with future applicants.
Normally time frame 5 to 8 months but in my case Christmas and New Year Holidays.
- File Submitted - 8th March 2014
- Received email file transferred to IPB - 13th March 2014
- Received email application will be allocated to a case officer within 4-6 weeks - 26th March 2014
- Additional Documents required - 24th June 2014
- Additional Documents received by the Visa Officer - 24th july 2014
- Further Medical Tests requested by the Visa Officer - 11th November 2014
- Further Medical Tests received by the Visa Officer - 26th November 2014
- Visa Approved - 5th January 2015 (delayed due to Christmas and New Year Holidays )
Actually students from high risk profile countries forward to the IPB.
So don't worry about time (I know very difficult to passed time ) also if you have acceptable standard of health, suitable funds and security clearance than 99% your Visa will approved. PhD Students also under Immigration category.
Moreover, what i analyzed from most cases male applicants forward to IPB and female applicants visa approved within 10 to 25 days.
Please checked the link below for the details:
My plan in the middle of February take flight.
See you in Auckland
If any information please posted here i will regularly checked the email.
Best Regards and Best of Luck,