NYC Stamping Exp ?!

vijayrc

Registered Users (C)
NYC Stamping Exp ?! - DONE

Planning on getting stamped in Federal Plaza, NYC tomorrow.
Got the courtesy copy in the mail.
Have read the stamping experiences of people out here.

Planning to be there early..MTA + Subway 6 to Brooklyn Bridge.
and take the following:-
1. Approval Notice
2. Passport
3. EAD
4. AP
5. I94
6. ADIT Photograph
7. My Fingers [for index FP :) ] Anything else?

Any recent experience that would help me??
1)Time to be there.
2)SSN Office there?

Thanks
VJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have all of what is reqd.

I hope you will be taking the train to Grand Central (I did that).
From Grand Central take 4. 5 or 6 (downtown)to City Hall/Brooklyn Bridge.

Try and be there by 7 A.M. On Broadway you will find a very long line. Do not get on that line. That is for people without appts.

Get on worth street. You will find a smaller line there for people with appt. You do have one.

The office opens at 7:30A.M. Even though the approval notice says Rm. 102 , the office is on the 8th floor. This is important,as if you are among the first ones to reach Rm. 800 you might be out by 10AM.

I got my SS at 297 KNOLLWOOD RD , White Plains, NY. It was empty and I had my application in within 5 minutes.

Best of Luck.

Originally posted by vijayrc
Planning on getting stamped in Federal Plaza, NYC tomorrow.
Got the courtesy copy in the mail.
Have read the stamping experiences of people out here.

Planning to be there early..MTA + Subway 6 to Brooklyn Bridge.
and take the following:-
1. Approval Notice
2. Passport
3. EAD
4. AP
5. I94
6. ADIT Photograph
7. My Fingers [for index FP :) ] Anything else?

Any recent experience that would help me??
1)Time to be there.
2)SSN Office there?

Thanks
VJ

i did my pp stamping last aug. 22,2003. took the 5.05 am train (i think) from white plains to gcentral, then subway to brooklyn bridge. when i arrived, there are more than 30 people already in line going to the worth st. bldg. entrance. then went to 8th flr. and got a no. (28). the officer called my # and i gave my notice, ead, ap, pics and was done by 10:00 am. then went upstairs, i think it's 31st flr, to re apply my sss no. and 'did received my card after 2 weeks. (ask the guard for the exact floor #).

actually that's the second time i went in federal p for pp. the first time i was there at 7:30 am. the guard asked me to fall in line with the people with no appointment bec. i think they only keep the line in worth st. for a period of time. i was inside the bldg by 9:30am and no. 68 in line. by 11:00 am they told us that they have problem w/ their computer and will not do any pp stamping anymore. i went home and told my self that i need to be there early. so my advice be there early, otherwise bring a book that you can read while waiting.

goodluck!

Vijayrc,

You may want to take the birth certificate with you if you are planning to go to Social security office. I'm not sure if every SS office requires that, but the office in Arlington, VA required it.

NYC Stamping Experience - DONE

Stamping done @ NYC today.
Reached around 7am and the Worth St Appt Queue was small[10 people ahead of me, while the general one was a biggggggg one]
Reached Room 800 and got Token#2.
After 15min, was called to counter again for Index FP/Signature and after an hour got the passport with I551 Stamping.
Out by 9am. Nothing asked.

SSN Office [31st Floor] and it took totally 30mins. Nothing asked.

So it was cool and easy.!

Re: NYC Stamping Experience - DONE

Good. Stamped already.

Why did you go to SSN office?

BTW it's really convenient to have SSN and BCIS offices in the same building. (DMV should also be there)

Stamping done @ NYC today.
Reached around 7am and the Worth St Appt Queue was small[10 people ahead of me, while the general one was a biggggggg one]
Reached Room 800 and got Token#2.
After 15min, was called to counter again for Index FP/Signature and after an hour got the passport with I551 Stamping.
Out by 9am. Nothing asked.

SSN Office [31st Floor] and it took totally 30mins. Nothing asked.

So it was cool and easy.!

SSN Card has a clause 'To work with INS authorization ....'
After GC, they issue new card[same SSN] with the clause takenoff.

Thanks
SSN Card has a clause 'To work with INS authorization ....'
After GC, they issue new card[same SSN] with the clause takenoff.