NYC RIR Status

No news from any one ???

Guys,

Why is this form cool ?

Did any one get more approvals from NYC RIR ?
Except laborpain user , I don't see any other approvals .

Mine was filied on 04/30/01 and have not heard anything yet.

Pls post your comments.

Guys please post your approvals

Hello Everybody,

Please post your approvals asap or if you know details of your friends approvals please post them here. Only NY approvals please.

Do we have any May '01 approvals other than laborpain? I thought we got over the 245 bump. But it seems there a lot many April '01 guys are waiting for approvals.

Guys,
I don't think NY RIR is upto 04/30/01 yet. Does any one have last month end report from SWA ?

All.......

RIR Sep, 2001. Spoke to attorney few day's back and according to her it is going to take another 3-4 months to clear Apr. 2001 LC applications.

BTW, One of my friend who date was 4/26/01, RIR got RFE from NY SESA regarding JOB Ad. They want company to test job market again....

usnycus

do u have more details about your friends case, like profession, what the firm did to show recruitment in terms of ads etc.

thanks

jrinny

His company is in software cunsulting business and has 15 employee in NYC. They had Ad in Daily news (twice), posted on AJB website etc. He has MBA in finance/MIS with 2 year's of experience.

Ad was somewhat like this:
NYC IT Co. is looking for Software Engineer / Programmer / Analyst in NYC - MS in Engineer(Any), Info Sys, science, business with 1 yr. exp or BS/BE (any), Info Sys, science, business with 2-5 yrs. exp.

Hi all,
According to some participants, their lawyers think that it will take 4-5 months to process all 245 cases and after that NY SESA will clear the next year or so for a couple of months.
This sounds kind of unrealistic.
Does anybody have previous observations (before the April 2001 bump), what was the approximate speed of RIR approvals?
Thanks,
DT

monthly Attorney update

Their assessment is that there has been no forward movement at NY SWA. He continues to get only 04/30 approvals at this time.

Is anyone hearing anything different from their attorneys?

Fathi - any news on your case?

Thinking out aloud

NY SWA still stuck in 245(i) bubble, while NY DOL continues to be current. I notice in other states that after the state office passed through the 245(i) bubble, the regional office had backlogs - presumably 245(i). Does this mean that NY SWA received mostly frivolous applications during 245(i); they are more likely to deny 245 filings in any case, or they really havent reached the meat of that filing bubble.

Hi guyz,
Has anyone heard any progress from the NY State SESA, in cases related to 245i?

Does anyone have any idea, how much further it will take for NY SESA to clear them?

Also, based on other states cases, does anyone know how soon the cases will clear once we are done with the MONSRTER of 245i?

Hope soon...

Keep posting..

Re: Thinking out aloud

Originally posted by jrinny
NY SWA still stuck in 245(i) bubble, while NY DOL continues to be current. I notice in other states that after the state office passed through the 245(i) bubble, the regional office had backlogs - presumably 245(i). Does this mean that NY SWA received mostly frivolous applications during 245(i); they are more likely to deny 245 filings in any case, or they really havent reached the meat of that filing bubble.

Another explanation is NY SWA is working really inefficiently and/or NY DOL is working at a super speed.

Re: MegZ

That could be true, altough I dont quite buy that. I think the issue is that with 245(i) there were a lot of frivolous/incomplete applications made witha view to maintain status. For these applications, SWA officers have to spend more time to write up an explanation for why they are denying the case - in order to create a basis for further legal challenges. Approvals on the other hand are easier - the existing documentation being sufficient.

Keep Cool

Jrinny

U might be right.... Most of 245(i) cases may not pass SWA office. Lot of people during that time did not prepared LC application properly, they just submitted them to keep the status....

One of the guy I know got RFE NY SWA for error in PART-B of LC Application. And also they (SWA) gave a explanation on problem with the application which is rare. BTW he is in that 245(i) category......

Any updates

Are you guys hearing anything besides next year about when NY SWA will cross 245(i). Also are you hearing of approvals given the current labor markets.

Just to refresh - my attorney thinks it could be next year but u never know, he is getting approvals for RIR's filed last year, except in cases where there have been large scale layoffs. He also finds much greater scrutiny for IT related jobs, although they are still approved.

lets see some more participation here folks!!

jrinny,
I guess we all are waiting to hear when the April'01 backlog ENDS.....

It seems to have stretched so far that it seems like forever...!!!

Hope we get to hear someone who got MAY'01 filed approval soon....!!!

Good Luck....