NYC RIR Status

Here is my confusion.. appriciate any replies

The appication date on my LC application in the covering letter shows 2nd April but i signed the documents on April 24th. Lawyer says the application date is 2nd April. I wonder how can they apply on April 2nd if I signed and sent the documents on 24th.

what do you mean "the covering letter"?

I am also confused about the date. My attorney told me that
my filing date(FD) was 4/23 and priority date(PD) was 5/25,
but didn\'t tell me the date of receipt(RD). According to the
processing list, they all mention to the date of receipt(RD).
Is RD the same as PD or a date between FD and PD? I believe
jrinny is right. The SESA categorizes the cases and software
cases are the slowest and the most prone to be rejected.
Better apply LC in other states.

The cover letter

is something that attorneys attach requesting RIR with a list of enclosures. I dont think they could have applied on 4/2 given that you only signed on 4/24. You should in any case get on your attorney\'s case since if s/he supposedly sent it out on 4/2 - we are seeing april approvals - get him to call SESA and find out whats going on - since we cant call them directly.

Do the math

It seems there are 53,000 cases at NY SESA as of 12/31/01.

http://www.cyrusmehta.com/news_cyrus.asp?news_id=505&intPage=2

Of these 38,000 are filed before 04/30/01, and the rest 15,000 since May 2001. Granted this number includes, H-2A, RIR and non-RIR cases, however consider this - If at the best of times NY SESA can clear 3,000 cases per month (this is almost double the rate at which California clears cases, and California is supposedly the best bang for the buck), that could take more than 12 months to get past April end cases.

Further consider this - From what Mr. Jim Mills Esq. has to add, since most of the 245(i) cases appear to have been inadequately and hastily prepared, SESA and DOL have to spend more time on these cases as denials take more time to document than do approvals. Also given the slow economy, SESA is understandably slower in approving cases. Suddenly 12 months from the start of this year may look an optimistic picture!!

I hope I am wrong!!

My lawyer told me that NYC SESA wont send any receipts.. Is it true? Help me..

Hi-

My lawyer says Newyork state wont send you any receipt number or tracking number? Is it true?
How will i know what is my priority date and filing date?? Help me...

It seems to be impossible and against the current practice and probably law.

Well, Can you ask your lawyer to confirm this? Where did he get that information ?
Or is this a trick used by the lawyer\'s office, if his / her office is getting repeated calls for the inquiry on status of the application, made to SESA ?

If my knowledge is correct, the entire GC process works on Priority Date.

If the DOL is processing July 01 , applications, these applications must have

been cleared by SESA.
That means there should to have been any back log of cases filed before July 2001, at SESA level.
While the fact we is that SESA has not cleared any applications after March/ probably April,2001.

How can DOL Say that they are current = JULY 2001, applications ?

any idea?

just had a look at Boston RIR traker, they have the whole list everyday of which DOL has an action on, so they know how many cases are processed each single day, anybody how they do that, could we do the same thing?

Not needed for NY DOL as it is current for RIR

What we need at this point is NY RIR SWA (formerly SESA) tracker.
Once your RIR case move to NY DOL within a week or two you will hear
something from them like NOF or APPROVAL.

I spoke to my lawyer today now they say NY SESA sometimes sends the receipt and sometime they dont.

EB3(RIR), 9/2000, Waiting

EB3(RIR), 9/2000, Waiting (for 18 months)
H-1B: expiring in early June 2002

My (old) lawyer in CA that my (old) company in mid west used told me the same: NY SESA does not usually send the receipt, even when the application is sent by a certified mail with a return receipt requested. Am really shocked to know that some people in NYC got a receipt. My old lawyer did a very good job for my H-1B renewals. (Up to 6yr cap, NOT the ext. for the 7th yr). I can believe what she tells me.

No receipt and do not know if it is w/ SESA or w/ DOL. No ID# from SESA or Case # from DOL. No sure when the PD is. Meanwhile, my old co. got bought out by a new co last fall. My (new) lawyer that the (new) co. uses seems to have misplaced the copies of my RIR and H-1B doc. sent by my old lawyer... Finally, the new lawyer got all RIR and H-1B files from the old lawyer today.

Checked w/ other law firms on the SESA waiting. They say it could be up to 18+ mo., which is well above 10-12 mo waiting as NY SESA says.

Am trying to get this new lawyer to check with the SESA and DOL on ID #, Case #, or whatever related to the status.

Useful message

I spoke to my lawyer yestaurday and they got a approval of April 30th.
They mentioned that NY SESA is training new people to fix this backlog issues... So sit tight guys and just share the information.

Nothing new, waiting

I send email to New York - ACU E-Mail Response System [LCSTATUS02@doleta.gov] every day. no positive response yet.

How about you, Fathi718?

APAMM, do you have more details about this approval?

EB2 or EB3? April 30th is the filing data or receipt date? Thanks.

No Title

Do not Judge the processing dates by one stray approval. Look at the
approval of Avi Singh in this thread. The case was approved in Nov\'01
and the application was dated March. 4 months and still March. That
means April would at least take a year. 38,000 APPLICATIONS
and 3000 per month( on a very high side ) takes 12 to 13 months.
Atorneys are not giving true picture. It is business maan!!. DOL is
like a late Indian train .PAC Would announce that the train is 30
min. late. Then 1 hr.... 2 hr .... 4hr...... 10 hr...and it never
arrives .Get\'s derailed. I am not sounding discouraging,but NY SESA
WILL NEVER COME OUT OF THIS RUT. GOOD BYE.

I agree with man10

I spoke to my attorney yesterday and he says that this case must have been readily approvable and a rare case - he is still getting March/April beg. case approvals. He also mentioned that NY SESA is quibbling a lot about wages.

Hang in there folks.