NYC Folks Post Your Timeline Here

Congrats again chocolat. On seeing your post in the June filers thread I got very excited and checked for updates. None so far........... Hopefully, I am very close. Keeping my fingers crossed now.
See updated signature. We started to move forward...

:)

Swap81: Any updates?

Namechek at NYC

I have a feel that most people who filed at NYC are stuck, for one reason or another. personally I am stuck in a name check :(

Here is my time line:

H1B married to USC in 2003
04/17/2006 I-485, I130, I-765, and AP application sent to Chicago Lockbox
06/26/2006 AP (Travel Document approved):D
07/21/2006 LUD on I-485
09/13//2006 LUD on I-130
10/11/2006 Interview/Approved/Name check pending:(
10/17/2006 Nothing on I-765 - Got Infopass - FP same day;)
11/30/2006 EAD received (approval date on the card 06/26/2006)
05/11/2007 Second EAD application
08/09/2007 EAD card production notice
08/18/2007 Notice from INS that I-485 still pending due to a name check:eek:
08/20/2007 EAD received:D

Last edited by a moderator:
My timeline

DO:Garden city
may 14 - Married my lovely us citizen wife.
july 13 - Mailed I-130/I-485/I-765/I-693/I-864/G-325A to chicago lock box.
july 27 - Notice date for biometrics(I-485 & I-765)appointment on aug 16.
Aug 16 - Biometrics code 3 done.DAY 32
Sep 29 - EAD received.
Oct 9 - Interview letter received.(Interview on Nov 29 at garden city,ny @ 8am)
Nov 29 - Interview approved.(Got permanent residence stamped on the passport) Day 139
Dec 18 - Received Conditional Green Card.Day 158

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to update everyone. I got my Receipt Notices today (ND: 08/29/07) Next stop: FP Notice. I think everyone who filled late July should be getting feedback by now. (I know it's early but I keep my fingers crossed to avoid a name check nightmare...)

I called the NBC last week on Thursday and spoke to an IO about my husband's case. We did not send in the medical and I was concerned because we never received a RFE on it and also was concerned about this delaying us getting an interview. Spoke to a nice gentleman who told us that we just have to wait at this point. The next day, there was an LUD on the 485 and yesterday we received a letter informing us that our case was in queue to be scheduled for an interview. It also stated that the medical form could be bought in to the interview. Then we received another LUD yesterday, with no change of message, which I hope is the interview letter.

I expect that he will receive his EAD sometime this month based on what I see going on with other folks on this site.

classyivy1, I hope you get your interview with no problem. If you want information on a very affordable ( < $100 ) civil surgeon (you'll need one to fill out your health examination) send me a private message.

Good luck!

swap81, after receiving an email what is the next step towards receiving your EAD (i am asking because I also applied for an EAD)

I dont know know of any other steps. I am going to just wait for the EAD to arrive by mail :)
swap81, after receiving an email what is the next step towards receiving your EAD (i am asking because I also applied for an EAD)

Thanks mgarcia2, however we did the medical back in June. We did not include it with the packaage because I was determined to mail the package out before the end of June and we had to wait a few days for the results to come back from the lab, etc. I was getting nervous because we NEVER received a RFE for it. We got a letter in the mail last week saying that our case was in queue for an interview and that we could bring the medical to the interview.

update

Our interivew went very well. We have two kids together and have been married over 2 years. However the IO said at the end that the name check is still pending :D

Hey everyone! Just got back from vacation and no EAD on the mailbox yet. I got a weird update/ email on Sept 6 saying "card production ordered" Again!?!?

EAD Approved!

My husband's EAD was approved yesterday! Wohoo! :D

Now the wait continues for the interview letter. :( I've noticed that some of us June filers in NYC have not gotten letters for interviews. It seems that if we had filed in the beginning of June or earlier we would have our interviews scheduled already. I wonder what's the delay?

Hey guys!!

I got my interview date: Oct 16th!! See updated signature.
I still didn't get my EAD on the mail...

Cheers!